DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Icon
506 Posts
westsiderick said:
Are there any plans to upgrade the guide info on 61.5 from 44 hours to 9 days anytime soon?
I haven't had a problem with guide data on the 61.5 channels, it looks like a full 9 days to me.

· Premium Member
21,658 Posts
Adding to the above... sometimes when new channels are added you have to force an EPG update (run a checkswitch) OR wait for your next nightly update to fill in the 9-day EPG.

My receiver that updated at 3am last night, for example, does not have 9-day EPG for the newly added channels because they were added after my update last night... so I can either force it or just wait until tomorrow for it to be up to date.

Non-DVR is a different story... but otherwise if after a forced-update or the next nightly one you still don't have 9-days then there could be a problem.

· EKB Editor
4,022 Posts
The EEPG is only at 119° but has also been added to 72.7° for the future Eastern Arc subscribers.

EDIT: Today's uplink report removed the EEPG from 72.7°, but it will have to be added back there or to 61.5° or 77° when they start installing the EA dish.

· Premium Member
21,658 Posts
BobaBird said:
The EEPG is only at 119° but has also been added to 72.7° for the future Eastern Arc subscribers.
Good catch.. I always forget to take that into account... and usually assume someone has 110/119 and either 61.5 or 129 in the mix. Since some HD is on 110, and you'd need either a Dish1000 to get "just" 110 and 129 (you'd have 119) or you'd have a wing dish for 61.5 w/ likely a dish500 for 110/119 I just don't consider the idea that an HD customer would be trying with just 61.5 alone.

· Super Moderator
54,203 Posts
The EEPG moved from 110° to 119° a couple of years ago. It seems odd to have just 110° and 61.5° ... or just 61.5° ... but I can see a couple of scenarios where people patch together their own system (self install) to get just what they want instead of doing a typical install. There could be LOS issues to everything except 61.5°.

Getting the EEPG on 72.7° is good for the Arc. All the 110° HD will need to be put over there as well (on some satellite) for it to be a complete service.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.