DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Legend
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Due to yet another contract expiring and subsequent dispute, I've lost my CBS local station, WBNS, in Columbus. I have an antenna in the attic and can watch it OTA without issue. But the guide shows nothing but messages about the dispute so setting my DVR for CBS shows is going to be a major pain.

I have 2 vip622's. Is there any way around this? I guess this might be more of a question for a Dish person than anyone else since there is probably no way to fix this at my end.

In the end, the consumer always gets screwed.

· Godfather/Supporter
2,029 Posts
Manual timers will work. May not be as convenient, but there can't be that many timers to set for that one channel. I use manual timers all the time for the Sub channels with no guide. Really no big deal other than looking up when the show is scheduled. Most all of the locals disputes are short term anyway.

· Hall Of Fame
7,510 Posts
And for guide information -
Zap2it.com is one possible site - I'm sure with a little effort, you can find more. Maybe even the station's website ?

One plus about the ATSC transition - as part of that Spec, stations can (and most do , especially major stations) put their program guide in their transmission. This would depend on how could your TV is at letting you see this, or maybe other ATSC tuners (several of the convertor boxes had this available - at least the ones from Dish do).

But, even with this - you'll still have to setup manual timers for the time being.

· Premium Member
21,658 Posts
sregener said:
This would be impossible with the Hopper even with an OTA module, since manual timers don't exist on the Hopper, correct?
Correct... also not possible on a 922 for the same reason even though it does have OTA support.

Dish took manual timers away from those receivers... though you used to still be able to set through Dish Online.

· Legend
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wow. Good thing I still have the old DVRs.

Thanks for the info. I'll just have to monitor CBS for when the few shows that I DVR off it are new. That in itself creates more work but now I might have conflicts creeping up. Thursday nights are especially bad. I think I have some timers where I record off the satellite feed because I'm recording OTA off another channel. I'll need to rearrange that stuff too.

But yeah, hopefully this doesn't last and is fixed before the new fall season.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.