DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Cool Member
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the guide, if I press Channel down, it scrolls down to the bottom, pauses 2 seconds, then the guide below scrolls up.
Is there a way to get rid of this delay?
It actually seems much slower than my 10-250.

Thanks.

·
Hall Of Fame
2,019 Posts
I think all the scrolling is way too slow. Guide scrolling, MyVOD scrolling, Prioritizer scrolling. All too slow.

Make them scroll faster AND/OR add more lines.

·
Icon
968 Posts
yeah, its a shame you can't change the resolution/font size. i would love to get some super small fonts on this thing and be able to see 10-12+ lines in the guide.

·
Registered
4,880 Posts
Mine used to be faster than it is now. I'm not sure if this is because my ToDo list is getting bigger or if the guide speed is slower in the current software release.

·
AllStar
62 Posts
I agree. Guide vertical and horizontal scrolling is too slow. I haven't measured it, but it feels slower than my SAT T60. MyVOD vertical scrolling is too slow also.

After the major bugs are fixed, I'd like to see them add a user selectable option to pick a couple of different MyVOD and guide views that show more info (i.e. use more of the screen and use smaller fonts). I don't need control of the specfic face and point size, just maybe three different views (like 5 lines, 8 lines, 13 lines).

·
AllStar
62 Posts
I've always been perplexed by the numerous posts that say how fast the HR20 is because that hasn't been my perception. I don't have an HR10 or HR15 so maybe that is what folks are comparing it to. For everything EXCEPT scheduling a recording and the initial display of MyVOD/NowPlaying, I think my SAT T60 is faster - esp. the response to trick play buttons and scrolling due to up/down/left/right keys in the guide and MyVOD/NowPlaying. It is very nice that the HR20 can toggle the recoding flag so fast. I appreciate that, but for me I spend a lot less time doing that than I do scrolling in the guide and MyVOD.

·
Icon
714 Posts
runopenloop said:
After the major bugs are fixed, I'd like to see them add a user selectable option to pick a couple of different MyVOD and guide views that show more info (i.e. use more of the screen and use smaller fonts). I don't need control of the specfic face and point size, just maybe three different views (like 5 lines, 8 lines, 13 lines).
I'd also like the option to turn off the viewing window on the upper right hand corner and use that real estate to display information. When I first got the HR20, I thought the window was neat. Now the window is just plain annoying. It has spoiled several sports program endings for me, as hard as I tried not peeking into it.

·
I used to be a rocket scientist
12,182 Posts
runopenloop said:
I agree. Guide vertical and horizontal scrolling is too slow. I haven't measured it, but it feels slower than my SAT T60. MyVOD vertical scrolling is too slow also.

Well, it sure feels faster than the two DSR6000 Series 1 TiVos we've got around here. :lol: I like your idea of an option about how many lines to display though. Heck lots of us have big, clear hi-res screes and want to use 'em.

·
Banned
686 Posts
I agree that the UI overall feels sluggish. While some specific operations are faster than the HR10, the overall responsiveness of the UI is sluggish, to the point where I am not sure a keypress has been accepted by the unit.

I turn the Tivo sounds off on the HR10, but I find myself wishing I had them on the HR20 just so I know it's gotten my command.

·
Hall Of Fame
2,019 Posts
runopenloop said:
I've always been perplexed by the numerous posts that say how fast the HR20 is because that hasn't been my perception. I don't have an HR10 or HR15 so maybe that is what folks are comparing it to. For everything EXCEPT scheduling a recording and the initial display of MyVOD/NowPlaying, I think my SAT T60 is faster - esp. the response to trick play buttons and scrolling due to up/down/left/right keys in the guide and MyVOD/NowPlaying. It is very nice that the HR20 can toggle the recoding flag so fast. I appreciate that, but for me I spend a lot less time doing that than I do scrolling in the guide and MyVOD.
Yeah, even pressing the FF. It seems to wait to see if you are going to press it more. When you press it 3 times, it doesn't look like it starts to move until after the 3rd press.

·
Cool Member
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Just did a side by side with my 10-250 and the HR20 is really about 10x slower in guide mode. Is this right??? The 10-250 was alrady the lowest menu on the market???

·
Cutting Edge: ECHELON '08
4,107 Posts
fxguy said:
Just did a side by side with my 10-250 and the HR20 is really about 10x slower in guide mode. Is this right??? The 10-250 was alrady the lowest menu on the market???
The HR-20 Guide should move quickly. It is much faster than my previous TiVo.

Something is wrong with your specific HR-20.

Sorry,

- Craig

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.