DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Superfly
4,572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw from my guide that the Science Channel was repeating a program I really enjoyed during their Space Week: Moon Machines. I recorded it back then and deleted each program after I watched it. At the time I knew this was a mistake and was glad to see it was being repeated.

I recorded the first episode of Moon Machines and tried to watch it last night. It turned out to be a completely different show. Huh? I then went to the Science Channel's website and found that, yes, Moon Machines is being repeated, but only with one broadcast per episode, 5PM EDT on Tuesdays. The DirecTV guide shows two different half hour broadcasts during that hour. So, Moon Machines never shows during the times it is listed on the guide.

I set up a manual recording so I'll catch the last 5 of the 6 episodes of Moon Machines. I'll pick up the first one in the future. This is the Science Channel, after all, and Moon Machines will be repeated again...and again...and again. :slowgrin:

I'd love to know how this mistake happened. Who dropped the ball? How could the guide be so wrong? It shows each episode of Moon Machines being broadcast half a dozen times during the week, and instead the one time it is actually shown, it's not on the guide.

Oops.

(If you didn't see it, let me recommend Moon Machines highly. It consists of 6 episodes, one each on the Saturn V rocket, the command module, the lunar module, navigation, the lunar rover and the spacesuits the astronauts wore. The most fascinating ones to me were on things that haven't been featured in the past, like navigation and the space suits. Did you know that the lunar suits were built by a company known for making bras because they had the technology for creating rubber things that moved well and fit tight to the body? I didn't.)

· Super Moderator
13,787 Posts
Carl Spock said:
I saw from my guide that the Science Channel was repeating a program I really enjoyed during their Space Week: Moon Machines. I recorded it back then and deleted each program after I watched it. At the time I knew this was a mistake and was glad to see it was being repeated.

I recorded the first episode of Moon Machines and tried to watch it last night. It turned out to be a completely different show. Huh? I then went to the Science Channel's website and found that, yes, Moon Machines is being repeated, but only with one broadcast per episode, 5PM EDT on Tuesdays. The DirecTV guide shows two different half hour broadcasts during that hour. So, Moon Machines never shows during the times it is listed on the guide.

I set up a manual recording so I'll catch the last 5 of the 6 episodes of Moon Machines. I'll pick up the first one in the future. This is the Science Channel, after all, and Moon Machines will be repeated again...and again...and again. :slowgrin:

I'd love to know how this mistake happened. Who dropped the ball? How could the guide be so wrong? It shows each episode of Moon Machines being broadcast half a dozen times during the week, and instead the one time it is actually shown, it's not on the guide.

Oops.

(If you didn't see it, let me recommend Moon Machines highly. It consists of 6 episodes, one each on the Saturn V rocket, the command module, the lunar module, navigation, the lunar rover and the spacesuits the astronauts wore. The most fascinating ones to me were on things that haven't been featured in the past, like navigation and the space suits. Did you know that the lunar suits were built by a company known for making bras because they had the technology for creating rubber things that moved well and fit tight to the body? I didn't.)
I have noticed a few guide errors over the past few months.

They have always seemed to match the channels website. I recored Unbreakable on SciFi but the guide data had a completely different show and it matched SciFi's online schedule.

It does seem to happened more lately than normal.

I believe Vulcan has a lunar colony, right?

Mike

· Superfly
4,572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
MicroBeta said:
I have noticed a few guide errors over the past few months.

They have always seemed to match the channels website.
What I found most strange in this case is that the guide and the Science Channel's website don't agree at all.

I believe Vulcan has a lunar colony, right?
Shhhh! Not too loud. Section 31 is trying to keep that a secret.

· Super Moderator
13,787 Posts
Carl Spock said:
What I found most strange in this case is that the guide and the Science Channel's website don't agree at all.

Shhhh! Not too loud. The government is trying to keep that a secret.
Makes me wonder how old the guide data is when it's compiled. :scratchin

Mike

· Superfly
4,572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Trying to record Moon Machines has been like chasing a ghost. I have set my DVR three times now and gotten zilch. It's recorded programs, just not Moon Machines. We'll see if it is on today, Wednesday, 8/13, at 5 PM, EDT. I have my doubts but this is the only time that both DirecTV and the Science Channel say that it is being broadcast.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.