DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Never Posted before - Live in Baton Rouge. 95%+ of us are without power. For those lucky enough to have Generators, Cox Cable is 100% down. I have DirecTV and, other than some rain fade, have never been down. Neighbors are very jealous.

I lost 3 major trees, but never lost my sat dish. Always been happy with DirecTV - now happier than ever.

Attachments

· Godfather
335 Posts
noursegod said:
My in-laws are down there running on generator power right now. I'm hoping that their power gets restored before they run out of fuel.
Yea Baton Rouge isn't suppose to be this effected with hurricanes. What happened? These storms are monsters compared to when I was young. BR, LAF, LC, and NOLA use to be safe from storms. I just got power back in Mandeville and of course TV. :)

· Legend
164 Posts
igator99 said:
Yea Baton Rouge isn't suppose to be this effected with hurricanes. What happened? These storms are monsters compared to when I was young. BR, LAF, LC, and NOLA use to be safe from storms. I just got power back in Mandeville and of course TV. :)
Well hopefully we'll remain safe up here in Shreveport... Then again, with the eroding coastline and disappearing wetlands, who knows how much longer that will be true... Centuries I hope

· Banned
4,253 Posts
Welcome to the forum

· Godfather
452 Posts
A lot of us Tennessee techs are volunteering to be making 2 week long trips down there to help out down there in La. 8 guys leave Chatt. on Sunday, and myself and 7 others will leave two sundays later. I tried to get in on the first trip but too many people volunteered already. Its not the Volunteer State for nothing :D

· AllStar
69 Posts
mgbrucex said:
Never Posted before - Live in Baton Rouge. 95%+ of us are without power. For those lucky enough to have Generators, Cox Cable is 100% down. I have DirecTV and, other than some rain fade, have never been down. Neighbors are very jealous.

I lost 3 major trees, but never lost my sat dish. Always been happy with DirecTV - now happier than ever.
Glad to see you guys are alright. My folks were affected by Rita (I'm from Sulphur, La) back in '05. I'm glad you kept your signal and D* has not let you down. My folks, sad to say, were somewhat alienated by D* following Rita....and thus they made the switch to Dish since they couldn't get an installer there for 6 weeks at the earliest. Dish provided one in 24 hours.

They have since become dis-enchanted with Dish and will be making the switch back to D* soon....hopefully there's plenty of installers in SWLA.

To the TN installers: Thank you for your service in that area!!!

· Hall Of Fame
1,129 Posts
I'm in Lafayette. We got hit hard. We've got a lot of roof damage and water damage. The wind ripped my dish off my roof. I made a temporary set up,it works quite well. It was way worse than I thought it would be,but no one is hurt so I have nothing to complain about.

· Godfather
335 Posts
Johnnie5000 said:
A lot of us Tennessee techs are volunteering to be making 2 week long trips down there to help out down there in La. 8 guys leave Chatt. on Sunday, and myself and 7 others will leave two sundays later. I tried to get in on the first trip but too many people volunteered already. Its not the Volunteer State for nothing :D
Not Katrina. One great thing is to see people at their worst and best. BR is in much worse shape than NOLA. God bless the folks int TN and all over that come.:D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.