Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
5 Posts
Has anyone actually seen this update? I have two H10s and neither has been updated. I'm in Carrollton, TX near Dallas.

I'm very much looking forward to this update as both my H10s have been very unstable. I hope the update fixes the problems with these receivers. Otherwise, I'll be leaving DirecTV as soon as my commitment is up.

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
jsnwtlr said:
Has anyone actually seen this update? I have two H10s and neither has been updated. I'm in Carrollton, TX near Dallas.

I'm very much looking forward to this update as both my H10s have been very unstable. I hope the update fixes the problems with these receivers. Otherwise, I'll be leaving DirecTV as soon as my commitment is up.
All I know is it is a staggered rollout... it could take several weeks until it makes it to everyone.

·
Legend
139 Posts
Wonder what version others are on. My H10 is 4.33 and it says it occured on Mon. 10/24 at 3:07am. Doesn't say which year?

·
AllStar
51 Posts
matsfan said:
I have not received this upgrade yet either (Indiana). I am still on 0.4.33 on both H10s.

Dave
I was updated in the 3:00 hour this morning. Didn't notice any immediate changes. I'm hoping it fixes the following problems that I've had with mine:

1) Scheduler issues with back-to-back programs: if I tell the 1st program to start 1 minute early, it reports that the first program conflicts with the second program (???)

2) History: remembers only the first 25 programs scheduled.....no way to clear it & does not keep new history after the first 25 programs fill the slots.

3) Search....it just sucks PERIOD. I can search on an exact title, which it finds, but then reports no showings listed despite manually finding it at a certain time slot

4) "Service Not Available Temporariily": comes up at random with no reason, afterwhich all program listings clear & say "Upcoming:...."

There are others (smaller issues), but I can't recall them. I sure wish I could have found a Sony receiver when I was searching for a new one.

J

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
jmettee said:
I was updated in the 3:00 hour this morning. Didn't notice any immediate changes. I'm hoping it fixes the following problems that I've had with mine:

1) Scheduler issues with back-to-back programs: if I tell the 1st program to start 1 minute early, it reports that the first program conflicts with the second program (???)

2) History: remembers only the first 25 programs scheduled.....no way to clear it & does not keep new history after the first 25 programs fill the slots.

3) Search....it just sucks PERIOD. I can search on an exact title, which it finds, but then reports no showings listed despite manually finding it at a certain time slot

4) "Service Not Available Temporariily": comes up at random with no reason, afterwhich all program listings clear & say "Upcoming:...."

There are others (smaller issues), but I can't recall them. I sure wish I could have found a Sony receiver when I was searching for a new one.

J
Are you referring to the H10 (non-dvr HD Receiver) or the HR10 (the TiVo powered DVR)

As I a bit confussed on the "scheduler" comments.... unless you are ferring to Auto-Tune scheduler.

·
5 Posts
Well, all it took was a post to this forum expressing my impatience. My receivers were updated to version 4.39 this morning at 2:31. Here's hoping it fixes the 'Service Not Available Temporarily' and random reboot problems.

·
AllStar
51 Posts
Earl Bonovich said:
Are you referring to the H10 (non-dvr HD Receiver) or the HR10 (the TiVo powered DVR)

As I a bit confussed on the "scheduler" comments.... unless you are ferring to Auto-Tune scheduler.
Yes, the H10 non-DVR & sorry, I did mean the AutoTune.

And for the record, at around 6 PM EST, I searched for the program 'Bones' (Find By Title) on FOX tomorrow night @ 8 PM EST. The search did find the Title 'Bones', but when I clicked it for showings, I got the No Showings Listed.....same bogus crap & I can manually go to Wednesday & see it.

I've now had 2 DTV receivers & have been less than pleased at the operational problems with even the simplest functions.

J

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
jmettee said:
Yes, the H10 non-DVR & sorry, I did mean the AutoTune.

And for the record, at around 6 PM EST, I searched for the program 'Bones' (Find By Title) on FOX tomorrow night @ 8 PM EST. The search did find the Title 'Bones', but when I clicked it for showings, I got the No Showings Listed.....same bogus crap & I can manually go to Wednesday & see it.

I've now had 2 DTV receivers & have been less than pleased at the operational problems with even the simplest functions.

J
Odd... not sure... I just tried it on my D10 and I got the listings.

One suggestion... EVENTUALLY all H10's will be replaced by H20's, because of the MPEG-4 conversion.

I bet if you call, you can get at least one of them replaced now (if not both)

·
Godfather
995 Posts
My Sony HD200 recently died and I am looking at getting a H10 from Ebay. Do you have to pay a lease payment for this receiver similiar to the H20?

Also would I get the software updates when I get it connected?

How good or bad is the OTA tuner in this receiver?

I am searching for the answers, but the bid for this receiver ends in 2 hours.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.