DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am having a periodic (usually every 10-60 sec) on my OTA CBS station from Syracuse NY. The picture will freeze for a second then release. I am using a H20-100 model receiver. I have 100% signal strength. This has been happening for a few months. I did not have the problem with the h20-600 model but it may be coincidental. The 600 was replaced due to the reset-hang up problem. I have talked to DTV and they have sent another unit, but it does the same thing. They are saying the problem must lie elsewhere. I have talked to the TV station and they say all is well. All my other OTA stations are fine.
Has anyone else experienced this or have suggestion to what I can do.
I asked DTV to replace my H20-100 model with a repaired 600 model. They took my information but I never received a replacement. I have also try to attenuate the signal to less then 100% as my only guess on what I could try with no improvement.
Any comments would be appreciated

·
2 Posts
I just installed the H20 and had the previous version before and have had no problem with any of the Syracuse DTV stations. My Signal on CBS is about 69% and I'm up in the Adirondacks and have no problem. It might be something else causing the problem.

·
Icon
832 Posts
Had this problem for the very first time just this past weekend. We really....at least normally.....really like the OTA HD from our locals. So much so that I've punted the HR20 and AT9 decision down the road until the OTA is available through the HR20. Getting locals through D* in HD is not a big issue or priority with the normal PQ I'm getting off of our OTA rig in the attic. Anyhow, Saturday night we were watching one of the locals and the picture frooze during a commercial. Initially I thought it was a transmission problem but switched back to D* SD local and the program was normal. Switched back and forth a couple of times and the froozen scene finally cleared. It happened a couple of more times Saturday night but I haven't seen the problem since then. Never crossed my mind it might be the H20-600 until now, figured it was the local HD transmission that was messed up.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.