DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
2,179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just recently got a reconditioned H20-600 from D*. The power light on the receiver stays on even when the TV is off.
Is this what is supposed to happen with this receiver? I have done searches on this Forum and couldn't find an answer to this question. And the really funny part was the Technical Service Dept. at D* didn't even know the answer :lol:

·
Banned
2,179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
WERA689 said:
It will be green if the receiver is 'on', and red if it is 'off'. But there is always a light on on the front panel.
Thank you so much :) I knew someone had to be able to answer the question ;) So my H20-600 is working perfectly :sunsmile:

·
Banned
2,179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
veryoldschool said:
And will stay that way a bit longer with one of these [or my link in it]: http://www.dbstalk.com/showpost.php?p=1665324&postcount=20
Sorry, but you have to be kidding me :lol: I'm not paying for a fan. I paid for the receiver and I'm paying for the Protection Plan. So if the receiver burns itself up may be D* will give me a better one :rolleyes:

·
Super Moderator
42,754 Posts
Dolly said:
Sorry, but you have to be kidding me :lol: I'm not paying for a fan. I paid for the receiver and I'm paying for the Protection Plan. So if the receiver burns itself up may be D* will give me a better one :rolleyes:
That's why I put mine on blocks to allow better airflow from underneath. If you don't use/need the OTA tuner, then "any" receiver will be fine, but if you do need the OTA tuner, the -600 has the best one out of all of the DirecTV receivers and they run hot [fail because of it] and are hard to find.

·
AllStar
103 Posts
Mine fried and died and it was replaced by an H21-200 with no OTA capability. If you use OTA it is wise to do what it takes the keep the unit cool. D* will not accomodate a request to replace an H20 with another H20.

·
Hall Of Fame
4,873 Posts
Mine has not failed in 2.5 years of sitting on top of the microwave oven, two inches below a kitchen cabinet, with no additional cooling whatsoever.

It is by far the hottest to the touch of my DirecTV equipment, but has always worked fine.

Some of them do work as advertised!

·
Tain't ogre til its ogre
15,654 Posts
I bought mine right before the leasing program and haven't had too many issues. I think there was a problem using HDMI in the begining with my setup, though that has been fixed with software for quite some time.

·
AllStar
103 Posts
paulman182 said:
Mine has not failed in 2.5 years of sitting on top of the microwave oven, two inches below a kitchen cabinet, with no additional cooling whatsoever.

It is by far the hottest to the touch of my DirecTV equipment, but has always worked fine.

Some of them do work as advertised!
Have the H20's really been around since the beginning of 2006? :confused:

·
Banned
2,179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
veryoldschool said:
That's why I put mine on blocks to allow better airflow from underneath. If you don't use/need the OTA tuner, then "any" receiver will be fine, but if you do need the OTA tuner, the -600 has the best one out of all of the DirecTV receivers and they run hot [fail because of it] and are hard to find.
I don't need the OTA tuner so with me if the receiver burns itself up I'll just get D* to send me another receiver ;)

·
Mentor
51 Posts
Have had the H20-600 since 03/06--never have had a problem though I do keep it up on top of cabinet rather than within it so it gets more air. Also, as well as red/off and green/on, the power light on the unit flashes yellow every time a button on the remote is hit.

·
Banned
2,179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
eilloc said:
Have had the H20-600 since 03/06--never have had a problem though I do keep it up on top of cabinet rather than within it so it gets more air. Also, as well as red/off and green/on, the power light on the unit flashes yellow every time a button on the remote is hit.
I'm having trouble remembering a yellow light :confused: But the H20-600 is on our second TV so it isn't used as much. So I'll take your word for it :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.