DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Éminence grise
8,473 Posts
This appears to be a not-uncommon problem, especially when viewing HD content. It appears to be related to overheating of the H20-600. Having the receiver in a location where there is adequate airflow will help. Some users have seen an improvement by using a laptop cooling fan or installing a fan inside the top cover (powering it from the USB port). It doesn't seem to happen until the unit is a few months old and there have been suggestions that it can be fixed in software, but until that actually happens, I am somewhat skeptical (it has only happened a few times on my receiver). If it happens often, Directv will replace the receiver.

·
Thanks Earl! Go Bears!
65 Posts
Yeah, I have to admit, I am getting really sick of this as well ( I too have an H20-600). The HD aspect is pretty much useless to me, as far as the receiver constantly resetting itself while watching any type of HD programming. I am thinking of having D* replace it. However, there is one thing holding me back from doing it. I've read in the forums that the OTA tuner on the 600 is better than the 100.

My question to those who have owned both the 600 and the 100, is there really that big of a difference with the OTA tuners between the 600 & 100? Any response would be appreciated.

·
Godfather
289 Posts
bearz 34 said:
My question to those who have owned both the 600 and the 100, is there really that big of a difference with the OTA tuners between the 600 & 100? Any response would be appreciated.
I've noticed NO difference in sensitivity or selectivity of the H20-100's OTA tuner. None at all. It's nice having a box that doesn't reset itself, too.

·
1960'S NOSTALGIA
213 Posts
You may see if you can get DirecTV to send you a replacement model
H20-100 as it is a better model and does not run hot as I had my H20-600
replaced some time back...difference is like night and day...Tell them you
are concerned will catch something on fire due to the heat problem...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.