DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was watching tv earlier in the day, no problem. I come back a couple hours later and when the reciever turns on it says searching for signal and eventually channel not available. It won't let me even go to a standard definition channel. i was on my local channel 5 and if i enter another channel say 202 or 637 or whatever, it quickly says not available then goes right back to channel 5 and a black screen.

I reset the reciever, that did not work. I reset it to factory settings and I get through the entire setup... All 4 satelites are working and at great signal levels. but at the end of the setup process where it says the program guide is being downloaded it does nothing but searching for signal. i have good signals on all satellites, the tuner is ok, but it i cant get beyond searching for signal on the final setup page after the tests have passed.

what can i do?

·
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
nevermind it's working now. tried setting up 5lnb dish again this morning and still got the searching for signal, so i set it to the 3lnb dish and setup worked fine, went back and set it up as the 5lnb and now it works. go figure

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.