DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Godfather
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Earl,

I was just wondering if we are ever going to see the Active features on the H20? If so what kind of time frame are we looking at?

Isn't this the only option for getting an HD box from D* right now other than the HR20? If so it just seems rediculous that we still don't have Active features.

Personally I think it's getting to the point that D* should be embarrased by the state of all their current STBs. Especially since they are always bragging about their capabilities and State of the Art equipment and features on every press release or update I see put out by them.

· Lifetime Achiever
30,090 Posts
No updates...

All I know is that they have software updates in testing, but I have not received any updated information on where they are in that process.

· Lifetime Achiever
30,090 Posts
BlueSnake said:
Haven't the updates been in testing for quite some time now?
Yes, they have been.

· Registered
15,592 Posts
The last update my H20 got was back on 7/19. Since then the HR20's been release and getting updates every couple of weeks, even the R15's been getting updates. But the good old H20 looks like it will go another NFL-SF season without having the active feature enabled. Is D* making the H20 a LOW priority box hoping that folks will go with the HR20 since they feel that having a DVR is a selling point for keeping customers?

· Hall Of Fame
13,446 Posts
RAD said:
Is D* making the H20 a LOW priority box hoping that folks will go with the HR20 since they feel that having a DVR is a selling point for keeping customers?
I'm sure that has something to do with it. There's just no excuse for it taking this long.

· Éminence grise
8,457 Posts
Jeremy W said:
I'm sure that has something to do with it. There's just no excuse for it taking this long.
I suspect that the real issues (HDMI on the -100, overheating/rebooting on the -600) aren't easily solved in software, since they also involve the hardware. These problems should (and probably do) have a higher priority than the active feature.

· Registered
15,592 Posts
bobnielsen said:
I suspect that the real issues (HDMI on the -100, overheating/rebooting on the -600) aren't easily solved in software, since they also involve the hardware. These problems should (and probably do) have a higher priority than the active feature.
But then again, it doesn't look like they're doing anything about those either, no updates since 7/19 for the 600 doesn't sound like they're making those fixes a high priority either.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.