Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Cool Member
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I am new to the forum but not new to hd. I recently upgraded to the new at9 and a h20. I have a sammy hls6187. My h20 is currently hooked up via hdmi and the picture is incredible. I am using a 24 awg hdmi wire.
the problem i am having is i can not go above 480i without the picture flashing. I have tried all the settings in between. I am mixed between the wire not able to handle the signal or a faulty H20.
any suggestions

·
Registered
12,558 Posts
It could be ....

* defective HDMI cable/connector (but probably not related to wire size)
* defective Samsung TV HDMI input (do you other HDMI sources you can try?)
* defective H20 HDMI output

What happens if you connect via component video cables instead of HDMI?

·
Cool Member
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
litzdog911 said:
It could be ....

* defective HDMI cable/connector (but probably not related to wire size)
* defective Samsung TV HDMI input (do you other HDMI sources you can try?)
* defective H20 HDMI output

What happens if you connect via component video cables instead of HDMI?
componet works fine. i actually can get the hdmi to work up to 480p anything after that flashes

·
Mentor
39 Posts
mc115 said:
componet works fine. i actually can get the hdmi to work up to 480p anything after that flashes
I believe that you need to connect the TV via Component and disable all 480 output modes on the H20. Then, HDMI should work.

·
7 Posts
mc115 said:
Hello,
I am new to the forum but not new to hd. I recently upgraded to the new at9 and a h20. I have a sammy hls6187. My h20 is currently hooked up via hdmi and the picture is incredible. I am using a 24 awg hdmi wire.
the problem i am having is i can not go above 480i without the picture flashing. I have tried all the settings in between. I am mixed between the wire not able to handle the signal or a faulty H20.
any suggestions
Its a HDMI hand shake problem that the H20 100 has. Directv is aware. And was to be fixed in a Sept software update. When it will be fixed is not known.

·
Registered
5,651 Posts
Problem not just with the H20. Some of the cable set-top boxes have similar HDMI problems, and I've seen a couple of reports of problems with up converting DVD players. Some TVs seem more problematic than others - unfortunately Samsung seems to be mentioned most often.

·
Cool Member
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks guys i guess i'll use componet for now. now i have to figue out how to use 3 componet inputs on 2 componet tv

·
Cool Member
20 Posts
RandD said:
Its a HDMI hand shake problem that the H20 100 has. Directv is aware. And was to be fixed in a Sept software update. When it will be fixed is not known.
Are the system updates downloaded from the satellite, or are they over the phone line?

·
Éminence grise
8,473 Posts
Software updates come via the satellite. Once an update is released, it takes a few weeks to propagate it to everyone (typically it starts on the west coast and works its way east).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.