DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Legend
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've spent most of the afternoon getting the H20-100C connected and finally getting signals on all the sats and transponders with a good picture in both SD and HD and now I can't figure out how to connect the receiver to my VCR. The old D10-300 box the H20 replaces has a coaxial "sat in" terminal and a coaxial "OTA in" terminal and a coaxial "out to TV/ VCR" terminal plus an S-video out and composite outs for video and sound. My Panasonic VCR/DVD player has coaxial "antenna in" and a coaxial "out to TV" plus component and S-video out and composite and optical sound. With the D10-300 you simply go from the coaxial "out to TV" terminal to the VCR's coaxial "ant. in" terminal in order to record whatever channel the sat receiver is tuned to. Problem is I can't find a coaxial out from the H20 receiver. How can I get the receiver's signal into my VCR? Thanks.

VR

PS: The manual only says to be sure to connect your VCR properly if you want to record programs, I can't find anything that tells me how to do it and I can't find any diagrams on the subject either, feel like I'm in the Twilight Zone.

·
Éminence grise
8,473 Posts
There is no coaxial out on the H20. If your VCR has either S-video or composite (plus audio) inputs use those, which will provide a better picture in any case. All the VCRs I have used had 2 or 3 of these (labled video on or line in).

·
Legend
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
bobnielsen said:
There is no coaxial out on the H20. If your VCR has either S-video or composite (plus audio) inputs use those, which will provide a better picture in any case. All the VCRs I have used had 2 or 3 of these (labled video on or line in).
Okay, you're right of course. I've been in the habit of using the RF coaxial in and outs from VCRs in order to pull off some screwball configurations that have been useful in the past but I see I'll be limited with the H20. Thank you for the info.

VR

·
Legend
234 Posts

·
Legend
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Vin said:
Well, if you really want to use coax you could always get an RF modulator.

Ex: http://www.buy.com/prod/rca-crf910-...deo-input/q/loc/111/90120677.html?dcaid=17379
I was wondering if there was such a device but decided there probably wasn't. So, in order to slave a bathroom TV to the bedroom receiver as I had done with the old D10-300, and learning the H20 had no RF out, I had to swap the H20 with the living room's DSHD800 HD box with it's RF out capability. So, as usual I've had to skin the cat in a different way than I originally had planned but I'm up and running fine now, including the little bathroom TV. Thanks for the info about the RF modulator, I'll store that away in my "for future reference" memory banks.

VR

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.