DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Mentor
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why would someone get a new H20 and not get an AT-9. Wouldn't they want to get as much HD programming as possible.

·
Legend
109 Posts
litzdog911 said:
Of course. In fact, if you get your H20 from DirecTV they'll install an AT9 dish for free.
This is what I did back in September. Why have HD at all and only partial service, when it is a free upgrade on the dish.

·
Éminence grise
8,473 Posts
You don't even have to get it from Directv. I got mine from Best Buy and when I called to activate it the CSR scheduled the antenna installation.

·
4 Posts
Card46 said:
Why would someone get a new H20 and not get an AT-9. Wouldn't they want to get as much HD programming as possible.
is why would you get this combo platter in the first place? Well, I fell for D* pitch that you needed the new MPEG4 STB (and AT9) in order to get the RSN's in HD. If you remember, that was the key message when these first started rolling out late last summer Of course, I took the bait thinking all my Twins, Wild, and Timberwolves games would suddenly be on FSN in HD. Well the reality was that there were only a handful of Twins games in HD the rest of the season. I believe there will be a total (shown on D* anyway) of 10 Wild games in HD this whole season, and a comparable amount of Wolves games.

It is my understanding that other markets have reaped more benefit from the H20/AT9 combination.

·
Legend
188 Posts
scottr said:
is why would you get this combo platter in the first place? Well, I fell for D* pitch that you needed the new MPEG4 STB (and AT9) in order to get the RSN's in HD. If you remember, that was the key message when these first started rolling out late last summer Of course, I took the bait thinking all my Twins, Wild, and Timberwolves games would suddenly be on FSN in HD. Well the reality was that there were only a handful of Twins games in HD the rest of the season. I believe there will be a total (shown on D* anyway) of 10 Wild games in HD this whole season, and a comparable amount of Wolves games.

It is my understanding that other markets have reaped more benefit from the H20/AT9 combination.
I agree there hasn't been much in the way of Twins, Wild and T'Wolves HD on channel 96, but I got the H20 and AT-9 for free anyway, so I do get to see what IS on.

Speaking of channel 96, a couple of us couldn't get a good signal on there last night for the T'Wolves game; it was pixilating and freezing. Did you happen to see any of it, and if so how was your signal? Also, the Wild game is on 96 this evening; would you be willing to tune in and provide some feedback on the quality of reception you're getting there? Thanks.

·
4 Posts
chris83 said:
I agree there hasn't been much in the way of Twins, Wild and T'Wolves HD on channel 96, but I got the H20 and AT-9 for free anyway, so I do get to see what IS on.

Speaking of channel 96, a couple of us couldn't get a good signal on there last night for the T'Wolves game; it was pixilating and freezing. Did you happen to see any of it, and if so how was your signal? Also, the Wild game is on 96 this evening; would you be willing to tune in and provide some feedback on the quality of reception you're getting there? Thanks.
Yes, I had the same problem with video artifacts---at least during the first hour which is all I was able to watch last night. I was also experiencing some audio dropouts if I remember correctly.

Will definately be watching the WILD game tonight. Hope it's not one of those deals where it shows the game in HD on FSN, but come to find out it's only on HD for those folks getting the FSN feed thru cable, and something else is showing on D* channel 96! This has happened several times.

·
Legend
188 Posts
Watched the Wild-Calgary game on 96 last night; picture was excellent. I have no idea what was going on with the T'Wolves-Houston game the night before, but no complaints last night.

·
Cool Member
44 Posts
litzdog911...Folks need to be wary about this and check the dish. I ordered an H20 (free) from DTV and they installed a 3lnb. I wasn't paying that much attention, and only checked it out 2 weeks later. I called them and they did change it out for the at9, and in a slightly better location.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.