DBSTalk Forum banner

H20 Composite Resolution

720 Views 5 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  Chip Moody
So if I have my H20 set up for 16:9 1080i, what format/resolution gets sent out the Composite/S-video ports?? Is it 16:9 480p, as in DVD, or 480i?

Thanks, Rick
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
It will output 480i and the HD programs will be in letterbox.
Michael D'Angelo;1804271 said:
It will output 480i and the HD programs will be in letterbox.
:confused: 480i yes, but not with the DVR set to 16:9 TV. It will be "squished".
Ed Zachary...

I have "squished" 480i S-Video from an H20 feeding my stand-alone Tivo. I can take recordings off of that and re-combobble them in H.264 for my iPod, or just play 'em back from the Tivo on my TV - set to re-stretch the image back to 16x9 format - in fairly decent quality.

- Chip

veryoldschool said:
:confused: 480i yes, but not with the DVR set to 16:9 TV. It will be "squished".
Chip Moody said:
Ed Zachary...

I have "squished" 480i S-Video from an H20 feeding my stand-alone Tivo. I can take recordings off of that and re-combobble them in H.264 for my iPod, or just play 'em back from the Tivo on my TV - set to re-stretch the image back to 16x9 format - in fairly decent quality.

- Chip
But it wasn't in letterbox as I replied too. :lol:
Did I forget to mention that as well... My bad... :)

- Chip

veryoldschool said:
But it wasn't in letterbox as I replied too. :lol:
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top