DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Icon
Joined
·
694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From DTV's website. (EDIT: I have not made 5 posts yet so I can't give the URL)

DIRECTV PLUS HD DVR

The future of television from DIRECTV. Limited quantities available 12/20.


I have been on the so called "waiting" list and that is what I've been doing. So does this mean I might get one soon? I signed up on the list the day it went live sometime within the past 60 days. I don't recall the exact day, but 60 should cover it. Anyone in the know please respond.

Thanks.
 

· Lifetime Achiever
Joined
·
21,244 Posts
markrubi said:
From DTV's website. (EDIT: I have not made 5 posts yet so I can't give the URL)

DIRECTV PLUS HD DVR

The future of television from DIRECTV. Limited quantities available 12/20.

I have been on the so called "waiting" list and that is what I've been doing. So does this mean I might get one soon? I signed up on the list the day it went live sometime within the past 60 days. I don't recall the exact day, but 60 should cover it. Anyone in the know please respond.

Thanks.
I'd suggest calling again. Each area warehouse kinda makes a difference, but you may have fallen thru the cracks if you've waited this long.

Merry Christmas,
Tom
 

· RBR Hitit tillit bricksit
Joined
·
266 Posts
markrubi said:
From DTV's website. (EDIT: I have not made 5 posts yet so I can't give the URL)

DIRECTV PLUS HD DVR

The future of television from DIRECTV. Limited quantities available 12/20.

I have been on the so called "waiting" list and that is what I've been doing. So does this mean I might get one soon? I signed up on the list the day it went live sometime within the past 60 days. I don't recall the exact day, but 60 should cover it. Anyone in the know please respond.

Thanks.
You may never get a call. Call and order your HDDVR, just tell them you got a call from the list. They do not require a code or anything. They will place your order today.

Also, once they schedule your install. Go to the website and reschedule your date. They never give the soonest dates out over the phone.
 

· Icon
Joined
·
694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the info. I am on with them right now. Currently being bounced around and holding for retention for some reason. On the phone right now.

Here's the scoop... I am getting my HR20 DVR upgrade for $99. Installation on 1-2-07. I am keeping my current hr10-250. Now all I have to do is wait for OKC locals to go live in HD via the satellites. I don't get it though. I have to call and lie about getting a phone call to get upgraded? What gives? If they have DVR's why not get them out there?
 

· Icon
Joined
·
694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Brantel said:
You may never get a call. Call and order your HDDVR, just tell them you got a call from the list. They do not require a code or anything. They will place your order today.

Also, once they schedule your install. Go to the website and reschedule your date. They never give the soonest dates out over the phone.
Where on the site will I find how to reschedule...
 

· Mentor
Joined
·
49 Posts
It's on your "My DirecTV" on directv.com. Look for Order Status or something like that, click on the order number and you can change the installation date on there.

Under My Account, View Orders. You will see an "Installation Listing". Click on the order number and you're there.
 

· RBR Hitit tillit bricksit
Joined
·
266 Posts
markrubi said:
Thanks for the info. I am on with them right now. Currently being bounced around and holding for retention for some reason. On the phone right now.

Here's the scoop... I am getting my HR20 DVR upgrade for $99. Installation on 1-2-07. I am keeping my current hr10-250. Now all I have to do is wait for OKC locals to go live in HD via the satellites. I don't get it though. I have to call and lie about getting a phone call to get upgraded? What gives? If they have DVR's why not get them out there?
Some have speculated that they save the HR20's for new customers but..... The guy that installed mine had about 20 on his van.

OTA update is making its way across the country so you can have locals faster than when the new sats are launched.

Make sure you go online after your order is placed. You will most likely find install dates sooner than 1/2/07 available.
 

· Icon
Joined
·
694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Brantel said:
Some have speculated that they save the HR20's for new customers but..... The guy that installed mine had about 20 on his van.

OTA update is making its way across the country so you can have locals faster than when the new sats are launched.

Make sure you go online after your order is placed. You will most likely find install dates sooner than 1/2/07 available.
I did go online and rescheduled for this Friday. Thanks for your help. I have been so ticked off lately about this. They had to charge me full price but credited my account $200 to get me the $99 upgrade. I don't get my all locals OTA very well. Only 2 come in strong enough to watch. The one station which all my shows are on is hardly ever strong enough due to the station being forced to operate at lower wattage than they would normally. They are interfering with a station in Lawton, OK but once the stations actually broadcast on the correct channels when analog signals get shutoff they will up their trasmitter power.
 

· Icon
Joined
·
694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
markrubi said:
I did go online and rescheduled for this Friday. Thanks for your help. I have been so ticked off lately about this. They had to charge me full price but credited my account $200 to get me the $99 upgrade. I don't get my all locals OTA very well. Only 2 come in strong enough to watch. The one station which all my shows are on is hardly ever strong enough due to the station being forced to operate at lower wattage than they would normally. They are interfering with a station in Lawton, OK but once the stations actually broadcast on the correct channels when analog signals get shutoff they will up their trasmitter power.
**** UPDATE **** After all the excitement of my install date arriving (yesterday) I was let down. The installer was a no show and never called. I tracked him down after calling the local install co. Turns out he was having issues at another install (yeah right). I was told he only had 3 in my area for the day. Anyways he said he could come out around 8pm-9pm I laughed when I heard that. He also said but I dont have the HD DVR on my truck. I was like why in the hell was I scheduled for an install if they are not available??? SO they rescheculed me for the original day before I went online and chose a different date.
 

· RBR Hitit tillit bricksit
Joined
·
266 Posts
All I can say is that this worked for me twice. Two different installs.

I think your install contractor dropped the ball. I do not know how D* dishes out the install orders to the local contractors. Some are great, others are worthless.
Makes me wonder if they even read the orders before accepting them.
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top