DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Cool Member
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am considering getting an H20 to use as an OTA tuner without the HD package.

I will activate the receiver, so I'm wondering if OTA will be enabled or do I have to get the HD package?

I would like to wait until they have more channels available until I add another $$$ to my monthly bill.

·
Registered
12,591 Posts
For OTA HD channels, you just need your receiver to be "active" and subscribed.

For your satellite-delivered HDTV channels (if you have any yet), you just need to have your local SD channels included with your DirecTV Programming Package, then you'll also receive the HD channels (provided you also have the new 5-LNB dish).

·
Super Moderator
12,874 Posts
Doesn't D* say someplace that in order to get an HR 20 (part of the promotional requirement) is to subscribe to HD? Not sure, but I thought I saw that someplace.

Carl

·
Éminence grise
8,473 Posts
When I activated my H20, the CSR didn't say anything about needing the HD package. Since I had seen on this forum that some folks were getting it for free, I asked and they gave me four months of the package. Between the sports, movies and Discovery HD I think it is (marginally) worth the $10 and plan to get it when the four months are up.

HD locals via satellite and part-time HD RSN (plus HBO/Showtime HD if you get those packages) will be available without the HD package.

·
Hall Of Fame
13,447 Posts
I got the HD Pack free for three months when I activated my H20, and I dropped it after the three months. I got the HD Pack free for four months when I activated my HR20, and I fully plan to drop it again. I'll pay for it when they beef it up a little bit.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.