DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Legend
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On of my H20 (refurbished) receive start having pixel problem about a month ago. At first, it only appeared on the HD channels and now spread to even SD channels. All other receivers in my house (both HD and SD) are OK except this one. I even swap the BBC with my another H20 receiver, the pixel problem still exist. Any idea?

· Legend
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
davring said:
Noticed you have two H20's, have you tried swapping them between displays?
Yes, I tried already. The pixel problem one still have the same problem. I called CSR and they did the diagnosed everything and want to set up a service call. I declined it because I have swap the boxes and still have the same problem.

· Hall Of Fame
3,433 Posts
Did you also swap the BBC's? I assume so.

If you don't care whether your 24-month commitment is extended and intend to remain a DirecTV customer for at least two more years, just go buy a new receiver at BB, Costco, etc. and add it to your account, once you're sure it's not dead right out-of-the-box. Then remove the old receiver from the account. They'll send a recovery box for it, on which you should keep careful tracking records. Mark defective in great big letters on the outside of the receiver.

· Legend
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
K4SMX said:
Did you also swap the BBC's? I assume so.

If you don't care whether your 24-month commitment is extended and intend to remain a DirecTV customer for at least two more years, just go buy a new receiver at BB, Costco, etc. and add it to your account, once you're sure it's not dead right out-of-the-box. Then remove the old receiver from the account. They'll send a recovery box for it, on which you should keep careful tracking records. Mark defective in great big letters on the outside of the receiver.
Thank you... this is exactly what I did early... not worth the problem to continue talking to the D* CSR...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.