DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Cool Member
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last year I switched from DTV to Dish because the Tivo 2 PQ was very soft. The Dish Network 622 offers a much sharper picture. How is the PQ of the new Tivo 3 and H20 compared to the Tivo 2?

·
I used to be a rocket scientist
11,448 Posts
Wrong forum, man. This is the HR20 HD DVR forum. And PQ is quite good, thanks. But once you get used to HD, all SD pretty much sucks.

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,090 Posts
You can't connect an H20 (Standalone Receiver) to a TiVo Series 3.

The T3 will not work with any type of "outside" receiver boxes.
Only ATSC/OTA, or Cable-Card connections.

More details on the T3 can be found at www.tivocommunity.com

·
Hall Of Fame
2,012 Posts
If you plan on staying with satellite of any flavor, the TiVo S3 is out of the question.

·
Legend
191 Posts
not that easy. the internal hardware in the tuners isnt the same as digital cable. even if they become cablecard compliant (which isnt really a good thing, as cablecard wasnt conceived to be futureproof), youd still have to have a dss version of the box to power the dish, use an access card, and decode the signal.

·
Beware the Attack Basset
25,966 Posts
kaz said:
not that easy. the internal hardware in the tuners isnt the same as digital cable. even if they become cablecard compliant (which isnt really a good thing, as cablecard wasnt conceived to be futureproof), youd still have to have a dss version of the box to power the dish, use an access card, and decode the signal.
I think you would be surprised. Dish (and perhaps DirecTV) actually offers QAM capable versions of some of its receivers for MDU use. Once the receiver can do QAM, the rest is relatively easy.

The trouble with using a SA TiVo remains: only one channel at a time. Unless the tuner is integrated into the TiVo unit, it basically renders it just another DVR.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.