DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All my receivers need to be reset often.
Menu.. no response. Had the techs here and all they seem to do is replace the the connectors that the previous tech had replaced...
The odd thing is when they lit up the sats for the additional HD channels my
h10 started to hang even though it wasn't capable of 'seeing' the new birds.
I'm about ready to go back to comcast..Receivers have been swapped out as well..Nothing fixes it and there is no pattern..Frequently when I turn on the receiver in the AM it is already hung, locked whatever you want to call it..
Anything out there?
Rewire the whole mess??
dick

·
The Shadow Knows!
37,060 Posts
Before you go anywhere, explain the situation to Customer Service one more time. It sounds like there is a wiring problem and they need to address that more completely.

·
Legend
105 Posts
Really just guessing here but this sounds like a power problem. I have heard that if the receiver is on the same line as some other device such as a tv or some thing else that uses a lot of power that it can drop the voltage to the receiver when it comes on. This sends the receiver into a reboot situation. Again no personal experience but it might be worthwhile getting a ups and for the receiver. Just a thought.

·
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I wouldn't care if it rebooted ..I am stuck on whatever channel was last viewed. Can't change channels, guide doesn't work..Why would the h10 start failing in the same way when it was 100 % error free? All I can think to do and it would not be convienient..Disconnect all receivers except one..but I could have to wait 3-4 weeks to see if it will fail..
Lately happening muliple times a day..It is all over the map..the failure rate.
All these clowns do is keep replacing connectors..
Thanks for your thoughts..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.