DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello experts,

I have a H21-200 receiver and suddently it started showing the 775 error.
I've tried resetting it to no avail. I also changed the satellite cable that was connected to another working H21-200 and it didn't work. What else can i try, before calling directv?.
My receivers are on a beach house and i'm not there all the time so calling Directv is difficult.
Is there a module inside the receiver that receives the signal from the satellite that maybe could've fried and can be replaced?.
Thank you so much
Javier

·
Hall Of Fame
10,120 Posts
Hello experts,

I have a H21-200 receiver and suddently it started showing the 775 error.
I've tried resetting it to no avail. I also changed the satellite cable that was connected to another working H21-200 and it didn't work. What else can i try, before calling directv?.
My receivers are on a beach house and i'm not there all the time so calling Directv is difficult.
Is there a module inside the receiver that receives the signal from the satellite that maybe could've fried and can be replaced?.
Thank you so much
Javier
Try swapping the receivers. If the problem goes with that receiver then it has a problem.
If the problem stays in that location then you have a connection problem.
Have you checked the connections to the SWM Power Inserter and or maybe turned the Power Inserter off by unplugging it and then plugging it back into the AC power ?

·
Premium Member
36,632 Posts
Try swapping the receivers. If the problem goes with that receiver then it has a problem.
Have you checked the connections to the SWM Power Inserter and or maybe turned the Power Inserter off by unplugging it and then plugging it back into the AC power ?
Exactly my thought. Whenever I get a 775 it's always a Power Inserter problem and it is fixed by the reset of the PI.

Rich

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the quick reply Jim and Rich.
The first thing i did was to swap receivers and the problem stayed on the same one.
Is there something serviceable on that part of the receiver, that is, fix some circuitry where it detects the signal?
The other thing is, my antenna is on the roof and i really don't thing i hace that SWM module anywhere, i haventh seen it anywhere. Maybe it is inside my antenna?.
Thank you

·
Hall Of Fame
10,120 Posts
The first thing i did was to swap receivers and the problem stayed on the same one.
Is there something serviceable on that part of the receiver, that is, fix some circuitry where it detects the signal?
The other thing is, my antenna is on the roof and i really don't thing i hace that SWM module anywhere, i haventh seen it anywhere. Maybe it is inside my antenna?.
Thank you
On the good receiver, press the dash - button and see what message comes to the screen. It should say something like SWM Detected if you have SWM.

·
Hall Of Fame
10,120 Posts
Thank you
The Power Inserter is possibly behind one of your TVs. It is a rectangle, about like a brick, and about 5 inches long and should have a green light on it.

·
Hall Of Fame
10,120 Posts
It only says:
Receiver:... 809126

So i guess, no SWM right?

Thank you.
Go into Satellite Setup on the good receiver and see which dish and LNB and if Multiswitch is chosen.
If so, this bad receiver might not be picking up that setup because it was hooked to a SWM system at home. Post back what you find.

·
Hall Of Fame
10,120 Posts
It only says:
Receiver:... 809126

So i guess, no SWM right?

Thank you.
Also, look to see how many coax cables are connected to the dish. If it was a SWM it would only have 1.

·
Hall Of Fame
10,120 Posts
Hello Jim,
I have Dish Type: SL5 LNB
Switch type: Multi-switch.
Thanks
Try to change the bad one to that. If you can't, remove the coax from it and then do it. Leave it powered on and hook up the coax after you get it changed.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.