DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Cool Member
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a AU9-S dish to use when we go camping. I hooked it up to a tripod today to test it out and hooked it up to an extra H21-200 receiver that I have. When I set it up, I chose the Slimline 5 dish and multiswitch. I get all of the channels, but the HD channels don't come in. Is it possible that I need a b-band converter for it to pick up the HD channels?

· Registered
12,607 Posts
Does your dish's LNB assembly have four coax outputs, or just one?

If it has four, then you simply need a BBC module to receive the HD channels (assuming the dish is properly aligned to the 99 and 103º satellite). If it has one coax output, then it's a Single Wire Mulitswitch (SWM) LNB and requires a Power Inserter for proper operation.

· Cool Member
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It does have four outputs and is not an SWM dish. I have a b band converter on order from Amazon so we'll see if that does the trick when it arrives. I believe everything is dialed in good with alignment (everything in the 90's). Thank you both for your replies.

· Registered
12,607 Posts
jaihawk said:
It does have four outputs and is not an SWM dish. I have a b band converter on order from Amazon so we'll see if that does the trick when it arrives. I believe everything is dialed in good with alignment (everything in the 90's). Thank you both for your replies.
DirecTV will send you BBCs for free.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.