DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trouble shooting a new H23 installation for a friend and am wondering if anybody else has seen this behavior. When attempting to view the new MPEG-4 HD channels, audio is OK when Dolby is switched off, but goes silent when turned on. SD channels are not affected.

He's got a Denon AVR-3806 receiver and we're using optical links. The previous Samsung receiver delivered a great Dolby signal and a DVD hooked up to this system delivers Dolby just fine.

Am I missing a setting or something here, or is this perhaps a bad unit?

· Legend
152 Posts
Have you connected via digital coax or analog? What troubleshooting have you done?

4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
As far as trouble shooting, I've been through the Denon's audio set up and made sure that auto surround is on, so it should pass any audio signal received from the optical input. I've been through all of the limited audio set up on the H23 receiver and cannot find anything that should prevent Dolby audio from playing.

· Legend
152 Posts
Sorry I can't give specifics related to those specific components, but you should try hooking up the H23 to a different receiver to isolate the problem to the H23 or at least the combination of the H23 and the Denon receiver. Perhaps also try swapping out the optical cables.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.