DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Icon
1,565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was told that the H25's are now being shipped with a new style power 'brick'. More of a traditional AC adapter, like the power supply for the wired CCK. Does anyone know if this is true? I have an application where the H25 would be perfect due to its size but I have nowhere to put the original style 'brick'.

·
Super Moderator
14,044 Posts
veryoldschool said:
My first thought was "bull".
Then I checked the "brick" on my H25 and the "wall wart" for my wireless CCK.

Their output is 12 volts & 1.5 amps. Both are the same, so....
That could be interesting if the connectors are compatible.

Mike

·
Super Moderator
14,044 Posts
dpeters11 said:
But, does it still come with the brick or a wall wart?
As far as I know it's still a brick but I'll see what I can find out.

Mike

·
The Shadow Knows!
37,060 Posts
Big question, and I mean no disrespect, but does it really matter?

·
Icon
1,565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
"Mike Bertelson" said:
I have two and they do come with the brick.

Here is the First Look pdf.

http://hr20.dbstalk.com/docs/H25%20First%20Look.pdf

Mike
Thanks. I am aware of what they originally shipped with (and have read the H25 first looks, their are a few of them now). My question was about what they are being shipped with currently and if their has been a change.

·
Hall Of Fame
1,299 Posts
He said in his op that for his situation it might? /shrugs

I wouldn't need it but it's interesting to know. LOL

·
Super Moderator
14,044 Posts
veryoldschool said:
"Yeah well" I don't feel like checking. [I've dicked with my system enough for one day] :lol:
They appear close by I haven't unplugged anything to be certain...I'm not likely to either. :D

Mike

·
Super Moderator
14,044 Posts
mjwagner said:
Thanks. I am aware of what they originally shipped with (and have read the H25 first looks, their are a few of them now). My question was about what they are being shipped with currently and if their has been a change.
It doesn't seem they've made a change. As far as anyone knows they're still being shipped with the brick.

Mike

·
Icon
1,565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
"veryoldschool" said:
My first thought was "bull".
Then I checked the "brick" on my H25 and the "wall wart" for my wireless CCK.

Their output is 12 volts & 1.5 amps. Both are the same, so....
That would be very interesting if that "wall wart" could be used to power a H25. It would solve my problem. Would be even better though if they just came with a "wall wart" now rather than the "brick".

·
Icon
1,565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
"Stuart Sweet" said:
Big question, and I mean no disrespect, but does it really matter?
Yes, in the spot where I would like to use the H25 a "wall wart" would greatly simplify the installation.

·
Godfather
433 Posts
Kevin F said:
Both ways have pros and cons. Mine has a power brick. I hate how wall warts take up so much room on a surge protector though.

Kevin
I use the squid type. So much easier. And you can plug a three way into each squid giving you 15 outlets for one in the wall. Especially for low wattage junk like wall warts.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.