DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Legend
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I woke up this morning and every channel was black. So I tried to play items in my playlist and they would be black. I could ff,rw,pause,play, nothing worked. I finally had to do a rbr. Correct me if I'm wrong but that is the only answer right now isn't it?

·
Lifetime Achiever
21,331 Posts
The Phantom Ghost said:
I woke up this morning and everything was black. I tried to play items in my playlist and they would be black. I could ff,rw,pause,play, nothing worked. I finally had to do a rbr. Correct me if I'm wrong but that is the only answer right now isn't it?
If changing channels, going into MyPlayList, or other menus don't bring back normal picture and sound, then yeah, its time to RBR.

BTW, which version are you running?

Cheers,
Tom

·
I used to be a rocket scientist
12,182 Posts
I had that happen Monday evening under 0x10B - first glitch of any kind in almost 3 weeks with that version. A RBR fixed it, then I downloaded 0x115 at 10:03 p.m. that night anyway.

·
Icon
752 Posts
happened to me this morning running 115...menu was the only button that worked but even that was about 8 seconds to show...rbr worked simple power off didn't. also have had 4 bsd and trick play isn't any better for me either RF. Caller ID is now perfect though for the first time.

·
Legend
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I don't know if it is related, but last night I added about 10 new SL and set up an everyday manual recording. A couple of upgrades ago when I had the manual set up for a 30 minute show of ESPN NEWS it would recorde 20 episodes a day. So I canceled it. Last night was the first time I tried it again. I have about 40 SL now so maybe the bsd is connected to that.

Any thoughts anyone?

·
Hall Of Fame
4,873 Posts
I had been routinely getting the BSD each morning under the old firmware for the last five days. Yesterday morning, it was locked up under 115.

I decided yesterday to no longer put it in standby. No bsd this morning.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.