DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Cool Member
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am very sad to announce the death of our hard drive. We had been waiting for so long and we cherised its arrival last Tuesday in our new HR20. He worked like a champ during its 3 day life. This evening it did not look well. We asked it if it was ok and he assurred it was by blinking its bright blue circular lights. But then something terrible happened. It froze the screen and went into a coma. We tried to revive it several times by hitting its reset button, hoping to bring it back to life. Unfortunately, after disconnecting its power cord and unplugging both cables, then one more reset, it was pronounced dead at approximately 7:25 CST by the DirecTV technician. It had a good and colorful life. Now, it is heading to that great junkyard in the sky. Please don't take your hard drive for granted. Let it know how much you love it every day. You never know when it will be gone.

In loving memory,

A New HR20-700 customer

· Up The Irons!
5,775 Posts
Was gonna say talk to Chuck....but since you claim to be CharlesSchwab you already know that drill..:D

· AllStar
68 Posts
RIP.

I had the same thing happen to me too. DirecTV tech service decided my brand new HW was defective. After trying several things, in the end I could not even get access to myVOD from anywhere on any menu. At the time, I assumed that the HD died, and that if SW cannot find it, it just disables any menu options related to recording programs. But I do not have a great deal of confidence in the techs either, so I am not 100% sure if it is a HW or SW problem. After all there was a software "upgrade" at some point.

Anyway, for now my HR20 is presumed dead and awaiting replacement, and the HR10 is back in the system.

· DirecTV 10yr+ Customer
1,010 Posts
There should be some comfort knowing it has gone to a better place......basically not in a HR20. :D Sorry, couldn't resist.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.