DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Mentor
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a new member of this board... I have been using a VIP622 with a Samsung 1080P LCD TV for about a month. All has been well till this morning, when I fired up the box and TV2. Received a "Hard Drive Corrupted " message. When I punched "OK" in response to the notice that all my content would be deleted, the screen turned blue. I turned the VIP622 off then on again. All my recorded programs were still there and I have since recorded a program successfully.

I use the DVR primarily for rescheduling TV watching and rarely have more than just a few programs saved on the hard drive.

This error message appears to be a random event. For information, we have had a couple of power outages up here in the Pacific Northwest over the last three weeks. I have always turned off the power strip after the power goes out to protect against spikes when power is restored. The VIP622 has always come back on after a few minutes when this occurs...

· Icon
599 Posts
Search these forums. It's not un-common what you saw. The consensus is that the wording of the message is inaccurate. If you'd noticed any movies under the "My Entertainment" menu, they should now be gone. The corruption is/was in the partition set aside for the Movies On Demand, not the user's recordings.

· Cool Member
26 Posts
I had the same thing happen to me this morning too. I did a power cord re-boot and all is well. I also still have the T.V. entertainment shows. This is a pretty common occurance. Has anyone had this happen twice???:eek:

Leroy

· Hall Of Fame
2,130 Posts
Leroy said:
I had the same thing happen to me this morning too. I did a power cord re-boot and all is well. I also still have the T.V. entertainment shows. This is a pretty common occurance. Has anyone had this happen twice???:eek:

Leroy
Several people have had it multiple times. And it can happen to any of the partitions (subpartions) that your hard drive is divided up into. If you are unlucky it will erase the partition that contains your recordings. It will do so whether or not you do a power record reboot to try and avoid it or not. So unless there is a timing problem (recording in progress) there is the only reason to avoid letting it do so immediately.

The TV entertainment shows are recorded in a way (at a time) that makes it more likely to be corrupted if any interuptions of the recording occurs. This is why this is most often the partition that is corrupted.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.