DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hard Drive MPEG4 space not 50 Hours

1K views 18 replies 9 participants last post by  harsh 
You do not have a smaller hard drive, they are all the same.

All MPEG4s are next to the sd in the channel guide.

The 50hrs is an estimate...

It is possible that some of the shows are at a lower compression level then others.

One way to check to see what is taking up space, is use the mark and delete feature, you will see the bar reflect the space that is being used by those marked to be deleted.

Mixer said:
The 50hrs is an estimate...

Yeah but 31 and 50 hours are a little off don;t you think?
Well yes, it is off..... but, I have had 40+ hours on mine at times.

To the OP... how did you determin that nothing "recorded" long an take up more space?

DJF said:
The shows I watched, had exactly the correct time.
The "time" displayed on the bottom, doesn't necessarily mean it didn't record more then it should have.

I would suggest the Mark and Delete method, to see if you can identify which one of yoru recordings is grabbing more then you think it should.

DJF said:
I have not used the mark and delete feture yet. How do I tell if it is a lower compression level? Almost all shows are all CSI's, Hereos, all Law and Order's, Boston Legal, House, ER, Bones, Medium, etc.
You can't, there is nothing in the system to tell you want kind of compression level things are at.

DJF said:
How do I use the mark and delete method?:confused:
While you are in MyPlaylist.

Hit Menu

The select Mark and Delete.

As you "select" items, you will see your space indicator change in colors, to show how much free space you will gain, if you procedeed with the delete.

Just be sure to "Cancel", so you don't delete those selected programs.

Swartzy said:
I haven't gotten there yet so I'm asking... does the HR20 indicate when a show is destined for deletion for a time before it actually happens or does it just dissapear?
Yes... the program will be listed with a yellow triangle with an ! in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.