DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Cool Member
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Using HR34 and HR24...do recordings disturbed during a hard reset auto resume? Just switched from Dish and this was a nice feature especially when receiver rebooted (power outage, etc...) and we were not home.

· AllStar
176 Posts
I reset my HR34 via the MENU Saturday night @ 10:27 prior to SNL. It did note that I would be interrupting the scheduled recording, but did not resume recording after the Software Download of 0x5cd. I had it set on the HR20, so didn't miss it.

· Large Member
4,792 Posts
augisdad said:
I reset my HR34 via the MENU Saturday night @ 10:27 prior to SNL. It did note that I would be interrupting the scheduled recording, but did not resume recording after the Software Download of 0x5cd. I had it set on the HR20, so didn't miss it.
SNL didn't record for me this weekend. History shows "deleted" but that was absolutely 100% impossible. My reset was Friday night.

· 1*
9,917 Posts
"Davenlr" said:
I believe under most circumstances, they do if you push the reset button, but do not if you reset via the menu (preferred).
Correct. If you do a RBR, the DVR sees that as a power loss and will resume the recording upon reboot.

- Merg

· 1*
9,917 Posts
"nelsonrl" said:
A menu reset of mine did not complete prior to a show was set to record. The recording did not start when the reset completed.
Correct. A menu reset will not resume an interrupted recording. Even though the reset started before the recording started, it still sees that as, what I'll call, a voluntary reset.

- Merg

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.