DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Icon
880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I got my new HR34 installed today and wanted to swap my WD EVDS 2TB drive to the HR34(it worked fine on my HR25). I was using a Thermatake single docking station for it and when I first connected it, it formatted the drive and went thru to the interface, but it didn't show a picture but the overlay channel banner and such worked.

So I rebooted and now I always get a Diagnostic code 75-607. I've tried taking it off my Thermaltake dock and using an Antec MX-1 but I get the same error.

Is the issue my enclosure or my drive itself?

· Icon
880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It was working perfectly before the HR34 was installed. I'm having a hard time believing it suddenly went.

**EDIT**

Well I connected it to an HR24 I have and it said there were errors and it is scanning the drive. I have a feeling the HR24 doesn't like something about the HR34's formatting.

Now, why can I get to the disk check ont he HR24 and not the HR34.

· Godfather
283 Posts
While we're on the subject, is there a way to tell if you're running off of the external drive WITHOUT just unplugging it and letting the box reboot to the internal HD? My connections are kind of a pain to get to so I was just wondering...

· Godfather
283 Posts
CCarncross said:
If you have something recorded on each drive you'll easily know which drive you are on.
The internal one is empty..never used..thats why I was wondering...how do I know if the eSata fired up or not and the recordings I have are really on the external. Guess I'll just have to unplug it and reboot if I want to see...

· Icon
880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok, I got it to work. I hooked the drive up to my computer using USB and used the adminstrative tools to clear all the partitions currently on the drive.

When I hooked back up to the HR34, it reformatted it and everything is good now.

· Icon
880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
As a quick followup on the enclosures... After getting it up and running in the Antec MX-1 enclosure, I took the drive out of the Antec(since the fan on it is getting annoying) and put it back into the Thermaltake single dock and it work there too.

I also tried the Thermaltake dual dock that I had on my old HR20(with only one drive installed) and that worked on the HR34 as well. That was a surprise since the Thermaltake dual dock does NOT work on either of my HR24s. I get an error during bootup.

So for anyone else with this issue down the line, it seems that something went amiss when the HR34 reformatted my previous HR24 external drive.

I ran the thing through the HR24's surface scan(took about 8 hrs) and it didn't find any errors, but it still refused to boot, even on the HR24.

I connected the drive to Windows via USB and when I looked at the drive in windows, it showed 3 separate partitions, which I thought was wierd. I expected to only see 2, but then again, I don't know these things all that well. After wiping ALL the partitions, so all I had was unallocated space, that seemed to do the trick and the HR34 reformatted it again and it was off and running.

I'm wondering if I should report this as a bug on the HR34.

· Mr. FixAnything
27,977 Posts
Sure, you could, but external drive is not a officially supported feature.

BTW, you lost your chance to know why HR34 messed up with the pre-formatted drive - there were log files, what has all that messages...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.