DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Godfather
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All of my activity buttons on my harmony don't work. Example:

Watch DVD - set to watch Apple TV
Watch TV - set for the HR-21

But when I hit Watch DVD, it brings up the DVD menu buttons, not the Apple TV. When I hit Watch TV, it brings up the menu for my Tivo, not my HR-21.

I've updated the software and reprogrammed it over and over.. and it won't do the activities like it's set in the software.

Help?

· Cool Member
24 Posts
Does it correct itself after hitting the 'Help' button? If so, could it be a line of sight issure? My wife often leaves the audio receiver on after turning an activity off using our 670 and I finally figured out it was because of the angle she was pointing the remote.

Another thing I have had good luck with is getting on the phone with the Harmony tech support group. After I first got the 670, one activity was problematic in getting set up with various inputs, etc. but one phone call and about 10 minutes fixed the problem.

Good luck!

· Legend
235 Posts
If you updated the firmware on it recently Harmony had a bad update. They have since fixed the firmware version. I updated mine last week when the first one came out. It more or less made the remote worthless to use. Works great now with the new one.

Go here for some info on it.
http://www.remotecentral.com/cgi-bin/mboard/rc-harmony/thread.cgi?6819

· Godfather
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
bcrab said:
If you updated the firmware on it recently Harmony had a bad update. They have since fixed the firmware version. I updated mine last week when the first one came out. It more or less made the remote worthless to use. Works great now with the new one.

Go here for some info on it.
http://www.remotecentral.com/cgi-bin/mboard/rc-harmony/thread.cgi?6819
Apparently it's the software that pushes the data to the remote. And according to the Logitech L2 person I talked to today, there is no fix yet. It's not for the Harmony One, but the 659/670 remotes, it screws up the main activity buttons. If you do "More activity" then click the activity, it works fine.

· Legend
198 Posts
I had the same problem with my 670. I finally got it working last week after doing a firmware update and then updating the remote. You may need to put the remote in 'safe mode' when doing the firmware update. Mine is working now and I'm a bit nervous about making a couple minor changes I've been waiting on.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.