DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Mentor
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone been successful at programming the Harmony 880 to do the skip to tick function? The FF and REW functions work fine, so does the 30 second and replay functions. If I press the FF and hold it down it FF's at the first speed and does nothing else. I can press the FF button to increment the speed but I can't get it to jump to the next tick mark.

I have played with the timing settings and advanced functions but so far. no luck.

Anyone figured it out?

· Registered
897 Posts
Question, is your firmware and software up to date and did you set the Harmony selection to HR20-700? My skip to tick has always been fine. I just hold the Rewind or FF button down for 3 seconds, release and hit it once more and it works fine.

· Registered
2,158 Posts
john18 said:
Question, is your firmware and software up to date and did you set the Harmony selection to HR20-700? My skip to tick has always been fine. I just hold the Rewind or FF button down for 3 seconds, release and hit it once more and it works fine.
Yep....that works for me as well.

· I used to be a rocket scientist
11,448 Posts
john18 said:
That's the method I use as well.

· The Shadow Knows!
36,634 Posts
Search the forums - someone was able to program just the skip-to-tick commands by holding his hand in front of the remote and learning it in Raw mode.

· Legend
241 Posts

· Legend
241 Posts
Reaver said:
What is a "skip to tick"?
When viewing the buffer/status bar you will see little tick marks at certain intervals depending on the length of the buffer. Skip to Tick will instantly transport you to the next tick mark on the bar.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.