DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

· AllStar
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the 880. I updated the remote yesterday and now the 15 minute skip has been replaced with the 30 second skip.

Did Harmony change something? Is there a way to get the 15 minute skip back?

Thanx

· I used to be a rocket scientist
11,448 Posts
Skip-to-tick on my 880 requires that you hold the FF button for three seconds, then tap it again to go the next tick. Do the same thing with the RW button to go to the previous tick. To go to the end you do the same with the 30-Second Slip button, and to go to the beginning you do the same with the Skip Back button.

Are you saying that in the last few days the Harmony site has changed the codes? That would well and truly suck.

· AllStar
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
LameLefty said:
Skip-to-tick on my 880 requires that you hold the FF button for three seconds, then tap it again to go the next tick. Do the same thing with the RW button to go to the previous tick. To go to the end you do the same with the 30-Second Slip button, and to go to the beginning you do the same with the Skip Back button.

Are you saying that in the last few days the Harmony site has changed the codes? That would well and truly suck.
Mine used to do the same as you just wrote, until I updated. Now it just has the 30 second skip. I can't get to any ticks. I can go to the end by holding down the ff button

· Godfather
439 Posts
hankjr said:
Mine used to do the same as you just wrote, until I updated. Now it just has the 30 second skip. I can't get to any ticks. I can go to the end by holding down the ff button
So you don't have to hold the FF button down for 3 sec., let go, and hit the FF button again?

· Registered
4,880 Posts
If your Harmony isn't behaving normally for all the buttons, you can always manually learn the command from the original HR20 remote and map them to the appropriate buttons.

· Registered
4,880 Posts
tiger2005 said:
So you don't have to hold the FF button down for 3 sec., let go, and hit the FF button again?
Afaik, you still have to hold down for 3 sec, release, and press again to get skip to tick or skip to start/end to work. Unless they changed something in 0xEB?

· Godfather
439 Posts
PoitNarf said:
Afaik, you still have to hold down for 3 sec, release, and press again to get skip to tick or skip to start/end to work. Unless they changed something in 0xEB?
Or unless they changed the codes on the Harmony remote to match the codes on the D* remote. That is what I was asking hankjr to confirm. The hold the button, let go, hit it again is fairly annoying on the 880.

· Registered
4,880 Posts
tiger2005 said:
Or unless they changed the codes on the Harmony remote to match the codes on the D* remote. That is what I was asking hankjr to confirm. The hold the button, let go, hit it again is fairly annoying on the 880.
They already do match the same commands. The D* remotes send out a different command after those buttons have been held down for 3+ seconds.

· Godfather
439 Posts
PoitNarf said:
They already do match the same commands. The D* remotes send out a different command after those buttons have been held down for 3+ seconds.
OK. I'm sorry for being confused, but how is it a different command from the one the 880 is sending while holding the button? Is the initial button press signal different from the one that is being sent while holding the button?

· Registered
16,423 Posts
tiger2005 said:
OK. I'm sorry for being confused, but how is it a different command from the one the 880 is sending while holding the button? Is the initial button press signal different from the one that is being sent while holding the button?
The D* remote knows to send out a second signal after the FF or RW is held down more than 3 seconds, the 880 does not.

· I used to be a rocket scientist
11,448 Posts
I think they did it so the "smarts" of skipping to tick or to beginning/end is in the remote rather than making the HR20 keep track of timing the receipt of the IR or RF code. Each function is a discrete, separately-coded event to the HR20. Functionally, there's no reason why the Harmony couldn't be programmed to do it the same way. I haven't had to reprogram or update my 880 in the two weeks we've had it so I can't speak to whether there's been a change or not myself.

· AllStar
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Let me explain more clearly what happens now.

Before I updated yesterday, I would hold the FF button down for approx. 3 seconds, lift up and hit it again then it would go to the next tick. Now if I do the same process it skips to the end...everytime.

hankjr

· Registered
4,880 Posts
hankjr said:
Before I updated yesterday, I would hold the FF button down for approx. 3 seconds, lift up and hit it again then it would go to the next tick. Now if I do the same process it skips to the end...everytime.
Curious. I'll give it a try when my HR20 gets the new update, whenever that will be.

· Good night dear Smoke... love you & "got your butt
5,262 Posts
What model # did ya'll put in to your 880? Logitech told me to put in H15. I tried to put in HR20 yesterday but some of the buttons didn't work so I went back to H15.
I went through the setup with tech, putting in HR20, tried to teach the 880 IR commands and that didn't seem to work.

· Godfather
439 Posts
BubblePuppy said:
What model # did ya'll put in to your 880? Logitech told me to put in H15. I tried to put in HR20 yesterday but some of the buttons didn't work so I went back to H15.
I went through the setup with tech, putting in HR20, tried to teach the 880 IR commands and that didn't seem to work.
I have been using the HR20 codes with my 880 and everything has been pretty smooth except for the skip to tick, skip to end features. I did do a little more customization on the LCD screen than I had done previously with my T60, but that didn't very long at all.

· Good night dear Smoke... love you & "got your butt
5,262 Posts
tiger2005 said:
I have been using the HR20 codes with my 880 and everything has been pretty smooth except for the skip to tick, skip to end features. I did do a little more customization on the LCD screen than I had done previously with my T60, but that didn't very long at all.
Did you put in HR20 as the model # or HR20-700?

· Registered
2,158 Posts
PoitNarf said:
Curious. I'll give it a try when my HR20 gets the new update, whenever that will be.
I think Hankjr is talking about when he updated his Harmony remote. What he's saying is that he previously held 3 secs and then tapped. Now when he holds it doesn't skip to next tic, it does a 30 min skip. Something must have changed on the Harmony site.

My Harmony is working fine, however I haven't updated it since September. I also coded the LCD with the color codes to correspond with the color buttons on the HR20 remote; and they work fine.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.