Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
AllStar
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK,

I'm tired of reading the same things over and over again. My box "does this and that wrong", "my box works and doesn't have any problems with that".

Let's see if the problems are software or hardware related......Has anybody been able to order PPV off the web, record on the HR20 and view it later?

I can watch it after I order it off the web, but cannot record and view it later.

Anyone?

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
I don't think anyone has been able to do it, as it is a known issue with the software.. that the Access Card is respecting the purchase from the WebSite... But the HR20 is not storing the "purchase" to allow you to view it again.

It is a bug with the software.

·
Hall Of Fame
1,765 Posts
I have not attempted a PPV order since I have gotten my HR20. Is the best way to do this, to avoid not being able to view it later, to order it from the unit itself?

·
AllStar
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Mixer said:
I have not attempted a PPV order since I have gotten my HR20. Is the best way to do this, to avoid not being able to view it later, to order it from the unit itself?
apparently, the only way

·
AllStar
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you Earl,

If somebody does not try all the features that are meant to be available and then comes on line and says "my unit is fine", all they are doing is creating long discussions without the proper information. This is the point, until you try the problems that are nagging the respondents, don't bother logging a reply, it's a waste of time and energy and serves no purpose.

If it is a known issue, nobody at the Directv Advanced Technical group is aware of it, only here.

·
Hall Of Fame
1,765 Posts
Whenever i see someone talking about a problem that their HR20 is having I will always try to re-produce it if it can be re-produced easily.

Is this a softwaee bug that is present on all HR20s then Earl?

·
Godfather
375 Posts
Mixer said:
I ordered Over the Hedge on HD PPV channel 99 a few weeks ago using the remote with no problems recorded fine and is still stored on the hard drive.
The grandsons have watched it a couple times since recording.
I did notice in the playlist there is a blue K in front of it not sure what that is for ?

·
Lifetime Achiever
21,331 Posts
upnorth said:
I ordered Over the Hedge on HD PPV channel 99 a few weeks ago using the remote with no problems recorded fine and is still stored on the hard drive.
I did notice in the playlist there is a blue K in front of it not sure what that is for ?
Blue circle K means the HR20 "will Keep until you delete" a recording and won't automatically purge or age the recording away.

Cheers,
Tom

·
Legend
238 Posts
The K indicates the recording will be (K)ept until you delete it. It will not delete if the unit runs out of space.

upnorth said:

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
Mixer said:
Whenever i see someone talking about a problem that their HR20 is having I will always try to re-produce it if it can be re-produced easily.

Is this a softwaee bug that is present on all HR20s then Earl?
Yes... it should be there on all HR20's.

The BUG is not with PPV purchases via remote...
But PPV's that are purchased via the WebSite, and then are attempted to be played back on the HR20 at a later time.

·
Godfather
375 Posts
tibber said:
Blue circle K means the HR20 "will Keep until you delete" a recording and won't automatically purge or age the recording away.

Cheers,
Tom
Thanks that's what I thought.

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
hankjr said:
If it is a known issue, nobody at the Directv Advanced Technical group is aware of it, only here.
As Mikewolf was eluding too...

Even though it is the "Advanced Technical Group", it is still in the CSR tier of things. The development teams responsible for the HR20 are aware of the issue.

As I said earlier today, it is improving... but there is still a big gap in information sharing between the technical tier and the customer service tier.

·
Icon
545 Posts
hankjr said:
Thank you Earl,

If somebody does not try all the features that are meant to be available and then comes on line and says "my unit is fine", all they are doing is creating long discussions without the proper information. This is the point, until you try the problems that are nagging the respondents, don't bother logging a reply, it's a waste of time and energy and serves no purpose.

I have never ordered a PPV via the internet in all the years I've been a D* customer. I probably will never order a PPV via the internet! I probably do not use the HR20 the way other people do...50 series links, never watch live tv!.
That doesn't mean I can't report the problems I'm not having with the HR20.

Selecting "buy and record" from the remote takes less energy and time, than ordering via the internet, not having it work and then whinning about it!

It's not a big suprise that advanced tech support doesn't know about it, they can't fix it. The people at D* that can fix it, know about it!!

·
AllStar
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Selecting "buy and record" from the remote takes less energy and time, than ordering via the internet, not having it work and then whinning about it!

If you had a reason for this thread I would probably not let your "whinning" quote bother me so much. But, your a perfect example of what we need to get rid of in this type of forum. You freely admit you don't' use the system as others do, and then when others have a valid reason for doing something and your too stupid to ask what it is before you ridicule it, it starts an avalanche of threads without any merit.

If you order by the website you can get it on all your TVs for one price, not just one as it is when you order with your remote. so, if a family movie comes on, I can order it thru the website and record it on the family set for all of us to watch together and also on the kids Tivos in their rooms in case they would like to view later.

Just because you have never done it in ten years, it makes you an expert on how other people should use their system. I guess your the know-all about Directv and how it works, and we should all do as you do.

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
"Time-Out".

It is a valid bug in the system. And is a pretty popular way of purchasing PPV. As it has the added benefit that EVERY unit in the house has access to the PPV, not just the one when purchasing it via remote.

It is a bug... with a "semi-work around"...

So end of story, it simply is a case of something that doesn't work right, and will be fixed.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.