DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Legend
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if anyone has changed back to the HR10-250. Right now I have 2 of the HR10-250 with an antenna on the roof for the HD locals.What is really drawing me to get the new HR20 is the caller ID and more video outputs. I also keep thinking if I wait till next year there might be a new receiver coming out by then.

Vid53

·
Lifetime Achiever
21,331 Posts
vid53 said:
Just wondering if anyone has changed back to the HR10-250. Right now I have 2 of the HR10-250 with an antenna on the roof for the HD locals.What is really drawing me to get the new HR20 is the caller ID and more video outputs. I also keep thinking if I wait till next year there might be a new receiver coming out by then.

Vid53
I sorta have. I never turned off my HR10s that have HR20 replacements. I put the first HR20 in the primary location of my HT, but pulled it a week later and put the HR10 back as the main DVR.

Whatever D* has done, I'm feeling better about the HR20 of late, so I'm getting tempted to replace a couple of my secondary HR10s with the HR20s (like kitchen and bedroom) where I don't do as much recording. When OTA is turned on this week (right, Earl???), I'll see about the main living room again.

Cheers,
Tom

·
Icon
752 Posts
vid53 said:

Vid53
Right...no harm in waiting (for now). I personally prefer the HR20 and not for the hit or miss cid......but I do keep the hr10 as a back up ... devoice protection. Order it love it, live it, (but come back here to figure out how to fix it)! As to next year..software fixes all!

·
Icon
797 Posts
I replaced my HR10 and kept it as a backup for a while and have now sold it altogether.

If it's only CID that you want, you can do that with a hack to the HR10.

Xaa

·
Large Hairless ApeCutting Edge: ECHELON '08
5,222 Posts
I have my HR10 in my livingroom, and my HR20 in my office. As soon as Closed Captioning is fixed and OTA is enbaled, I'm reversing that. :) I like the HR20's speed and efficiency.

·
Hall Of Fame
1,595 Posts
Ive got one of my HR10-250s in the main tv area, the 2 HR20s are in the bedrooms, my 2nd HR10 is cutoff.

Looks like we may be getting OTA this week by the way Earls hints sound, about by this time next week we'll be talking about other issues.

·
Registered
6,532 Posts
I still got my HR10's in the living room and media room. The HR20 is in the MBR, which is also fed by the Living room HR10.

For now, the HR20 is not responsible for any critical recordings. Its in more of a testing mode.

·
Icon
880 Posts
Yep....I'm one. I boxed the HR20 up and put it in the closet. The HR10 now does what it does best...records and plays everything I tell it to, something the HR20 was incapable of doing.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.