DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Godfather
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see that 0x108 has rolled out to parts of the country other than the LA area, but I have not yet received the update. I just was wondering if anyone else in Colorado has. Thanks.

And what is this Santa thing? Did I miss something?

·
Legend
182 Posts
and oh, the people who are getting it outside of LA right now are forcing the downloads because it has not been released nationally yet...if the distro map isn't any help, I don't know what will be...

·
Godfather
420 Posts
kram said:
I see that 0x108 has rolled out to parts of the country other than the LA area, but I have not yet received the update. I just was wondering if anyone else in Colorado has. Thanks.

And what is this Santa thing? Did I miss something?
Yes, Santa came and gave a 3 hour window late Wed/early Thur. for users to force a download using the 02468 code during a re-boot. Basically Earl pulled some strings with Directv to allows those on DBSTalk to download the software. It happened without much notice and some missed it, but overall it seems to have appeased most people.

·
Godfather
314 Posts
This does bring up the question though, where is the rollout currently at in the country?

The only ones I've seen get it are either in the LA area or got it via Santa. Anyone outside of California get the update naturally?

·
Godfather
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So where does that leave the rest of the country?????

·
You make it, We break it
4,722 Posts
Just to clarify, I meant I believe somewhere in Texas got the first rollout along with LA. So there's a small release to LA and Tx , then the Santa download. Nothing since.

The rest of the country will get the release likely rolled out from West to East across a designated time period by D*.

That rollout "could" happen within a week or so (no guarantees).

kram said:

·
Icon
752 Posts
kram said:
subscribe to the sticky thread earl put up!
lets see another set of downloads please!!

·
Godfather
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
jlancaster said:
subscribe to the sticky thread earl put up!
I would, but I don't want to be flooded with email notifications that have nothing to do with availability of the software.

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
kram said:
I would, but I don't want to be flooded with email notifications that have nothing to do with availability of the software.
You won't...
It is a locked thread that only me and the other moderators can post to.

·
Godfather
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Earl Bonovich said:
You won't...
It is a locked thread that only me and the other moderators can post to.
Thanks, Earl. I was looking at the wrong thread....

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.