DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· AllStar
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got into a conversation with someone over at D* and they told me that inorder for an "issue" to come under investigation that it needs to be reported by 5 different accounts.

I was calling daily to report the issues that we were having in the cleveland area with WEWS. Everyday they would say "First we have heard about the issue and it is not on the known issues list". Well, the other day they said we know of the issue and this is when they told me of the "5 account complaint" rule.

So with that being said, if you have a problem, be sure to call and complain about it. 1-800-824-9081 is a direct line to them and if there is no people waiting on hold already, your call will be answered right away.

For the sake of the rest of us, post your issues on these great forums but make sure to be dialing people!

· Hall Of Fame
1,079 Posts
pyrettablaze said:
I got into a conversation with someone over at D* and they told me that inorder for an "issue" to come under investigation that it needs to be reported by 5 different accounts.

I was calling daily to report the issues that we were having in the cleveland area with WEWS. Everyday they would say "First we have heard about the issue and it is not on the known issues list". Well, the other day they said we know of the issue and this is when they told me of the "5 account complaint" rule.

So with that being said, if you have a problem, be sure to call and complain about it. 1-800-824-9081 is a direct line to them and if there is no people waiting on hold already, your call will be answered right away.

For the sake of the rest of us, post your issues on these great forums but make sure to be dialing people!
Please clarify who @ D* this number is for. I have not reported any of my existing problems because the standard CSR as useless and a waste of time to talk to, you might as well just talk to your walls about the problems with this box. Is this a number to a group that is focused on the HR20 and or MPEG4 locals, if it is I will happily call them and share the issues I am having.

· AllStar
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It is a number to customer retention. They have the ability to not issues with the HR20. Once 5 accounts report the issue, they will add it to the list of known issues. Simply not calling because it is not the father of the HR20 only hurts everyone with the HR20.

I would find it hard to believe that they are reading this forum much. With all of the issues people are having here and the vast amount of issues that still plague the system, I find it much more believable that they are just going off of their phone call complaints.

· Godfather
415 Posts
pyrettablaze said:
They have the ability to not issues with the HR20.
Simply not calling because it is not the father of the HR20 only hurts everyone with the HR20.
:confused:

· AllStar
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
911medic said:
lol its early give me a break ;-)

Should be "They have the ability to note issues"

btmoore said:
I have not reported any of my existing problems because the standard CSR as useless and a waste of time to talk to, you might as well just talk to your walls about the problems with this box. Is this a number to a group that is focused on the HR20 and or MPEG4 locals, if it is I will happily call them and share the issues I am having.
and not calling because they are not the direct department that works on the HR20, aka father is the creater or designer, if you will, of the HR20

· Hall Of Fame
1,222 Posts
tommyb said:
If they don't add the problem anywhere, how do they know 5 different people have called about an issue?
Maybe five different people need to speak with the same CSR. :D

Seriously, though, retention (or billing or activation or anyone else you're likely to speak with first) don't have the skills or training to understand these issues. I really hope that, as Earl claims, the actual developers, testers, 2nd/3rd level support, etc. know about these forums.

BTW, maybe someone would like to take the lead and do what I did with the R15: a single thread where the original poster keeps the first post updated with current issues and status, because I doubt the developers are going to read a 20-page thread of "me too" and "mine's working fine".

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.