DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Legend
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the best way to get to another HR20? The HR10 I bought when they first came out. I'm thinking maybe eBay the HR10 and then buy a HR20 from VE.

·
Legend
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
even if I didn't buy/lease the HR10 from them?

·
Mentor
34 Posts
litzdog911 said:
Call DirecTV first. They might offer you sweet "tradeup" deal if you get another HR20, especially if you're a longtime customer. Usually they don't even want the HR10 returned.
Is DirecTV still going to provide free swaps of the HR20-700 for the HR10-250 that it previously stated it would provide in areas that already have HD local service? Will this extend to multiple boxes if you have more than one? Has anyone received this offer? Is the geographic availability limited at this time? If so, when will it extend to the East Coast.

A customer service representative today did not know anything about this swap. All that he would offer was the standard $299 deal for new HR20-700 purchases with a $100 rebate and $10/month off for 12 months, but with the credits only for 1 box, not 3 even though I am a long-time customer with a monthly subscription amounting to $105.

·
3 Posts
I have been a customer of DirecTV since 1992. I have Total Choice and HD channels, and HBO. I live in the Detroit area (HD locals available) and I called yesterday to upgrade my dish and units.
I currently have an HR10-250 (they just replaced it for me last month when it quit working), and an old Sony Sat 200 HD. I also had purchased an H20 a while ago, but had not installed it yet, as I needed more feeds from the dish.
I had some guys here pulling wire for security cams, so they pulled four runs of coax from the basement to the roof for the new dish, as well as more runs from there (where the WB 68 will be located) to the locations I would like to add more receivers, so that is done.

DirecTV will:
provide and install a new dish
provide and install WB68 multiswitch
provide and install 2 new HR20 units
provide and install 1 new H20 unit
install my H20 unit
relocate and install my HR10-250 unit
I will then have 5 receivers, total
Total cost to me: $91.46
Install date next Thursday, Jan 11

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status