DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Icon
714 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have seen many postings here about the infamous "partial recording". It has been a while and some of us probably have continued to live with this problem. I am curious if anyone has found a clue about what will cause partial recording or found a way to avoid it? I have seen comments speculated about losing power or conflicts with recordings, etc. I am pretty sure that was not it. I was watching the Monday Night Football recording totally expecting HR20 to record Heros as it said it would in the to do list. I could have manually started the recording if I have anticipated the problem.

I suspect this is an MPEG4 related issue. Has anyone ever have this happened to MPEG2 channels?

Lastly, don't you think a partial recording should be listed in MyVOD anyway? It should be up to the users to delete it. I will consider this a bug.

·
Legend
127 Posts
Man its such a pain in the rear. 24 mins of an hour long show is just enough to p*ss me off. Its pretty bad when bit torrent is more reliable than this dvr. :)

·
Registered
5,957 Posts
Marty B said:
Man its such a pain in the rear. 24 mins of an hour long show is just enough to p*ss me off. Its pretty bad when bit torrent is more reliable than this dvr. :)
I'll have another datapoint sometime this morning. I set up a record of the Bears' game, and padded it 30 min at the end. I haven't had time to check to see if it worked, or I get some of the "strange" reports I've seen from others.

OK...just checked it. I set it for the 3 hr game plus 30 min pad (and still had 1 min 47 sec to go in the game...that'll teach me. Fortunately, all I missed was the miss of the Cardinals' field goal that let da Bears win by 1 point after being down 20-0, commiting 6 (SIX) turnovers and not scoring an offensive touchdown!

So, my first test of a padded recording set from the Guide worked fine.

(No HD-Locals/MPEGa-4 here) The game was recorded from ESPN-HD and we watched 3 programs that were previously recorded (SD) during the recording of the Bears' game, Boston Legal, Shark, L&O CI. Many multiple SLIPS, multiple FF with Rewinds, etc. Not a single hiccup.

·
Legend
228 Posts
hasan said:
.......... all I missed was the miss of the Cardinals' field goal that let da Bears win by 1 point after being down 20-0, commiting 6 (SIX) turnovers and not scoring an offensive touchdown!

OT - Go Bears!;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.