DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 95 Posts

· Lifetime Achiever
28,927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently, DIRECTV has been calling customers proactively monitoring receivers connected to phone line or broadband for issue. If the box receives too many issues, DIRECTV will be calling you. :)

Have you been contacted? If not, you might be if something is wrong. The best part? Its FREE! So if DIRECTV does call, please accept their help. :)

· Registered
24,401 Posts
2 things Doug... 1. Why no poll? :D
and 2... DO they know which of us are cer's and that we may be experiencing some of these issues because of that process? Or better said... If we are on a ce release, does our "issues" log differently and keep us out of the loop on these phone calls?

· Registered
4,296 Posts
AirRocker said:
No call for me either... I have very few issues... and my signals are fine... so don't suspect I need a call... :grin:
:lol: :lol: Oh, you need a call... maybe not from DirecTV :lol: :lol:

· Registered
725 Posts
i've been called almost everyday this week. i've been ignoring them. i already told them that there has been bad weather down here and from the look of things that will continue. it's still nice though.

· Godfather
375 Posts
Called me a while back and I told her I was not seeing any problem on my end she wanted to go thru all the signal strengths again I told her I had them written down and she seemed shocked that I knew how to get them.
Well anyway she wanted to go thru them again and after wards she said well theres your problems you have low signal strength on both 99s and 103s as they were all 0's on 103s and on 99s had the two xponders at 97 and few at 40,38 and 44 and some 0's she said these should be better than that.
I tried to explain to her that these were the spotbeams for locals and my locals were comming from 99s. This totally confused her and she could not understand this. So I said they could come out if they were going to replace my dish with the slimline she said they could not do that. So I nicely said Thanks but no Thanks my system is fine.
But it was nice of them to be concerned.;)

· Lifetime Achiever
28,927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
inkahauts said:
2 things Doug... 1. Why no poll? :D
and 2... DO they know which of us are cer's and that we may be experiencing some of these issues because of that process? Or better said... If we are on a ce release, does our "issues" log differently and keep us out of the loop on these phone calls?
I think there is equal weight for a Cutting Edge person vs. a National Release person .. In other words, I don't believe that the CSRs will know. Heck, they called me on one of my receivers :)

· Lifetime Achiever
28,927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
TenaciousBuzz said:
I've been called, and couldn't have been happier with the service I received. Check this thread for details.
Good story .. so this sounds like it is working. In my case, I actually removed a receiver (which was my plan anyway at the time) and my problems went away .. Trying to drive an SWM wacko with all of my testing, I think :lol:

· Hall Of Fame
1,070 Posts
I wish they would call me. I have 0s on my 99c even transponders, and I have been reluctant to call because I thought I needed to revert to the NR to do so. Oddly enough, there are only 2 channels that I don't get that are on the even transponders, due to the D10 mpeg2 duplicates. One of them I don't care about TDISHD, the other is a showtime channel wich I sort of care about.

· AllStar
131 Posts
I haven't been called by DirecTV, but I did have management from a AeroSat USA come out to my house. They wanted to photograph the installation work done by their tech. He replaced a Slimline dish that had been crushed by a fallen tree in a storm, and did an outstanding job.

· Cool Member
26 Posts
Yes I was called. I wasn't having any issues, but we went thru signal strenghts.
So I thought why not get realigned(At-9 was installed before D-10 went up) . They came out replaced AT-9 With Slimline and some tps came up a little bit. No Charge at all.

· AllStar
72 Posts
What kind of sig strengths seem to trigger a call? My AT-9 sidecar isn't peaked well (some transponders in the 60's) & I get much more rain fade than I would like. I've been thinking about trying to peak it myself, but don't want to make it worse. Now without the need for 110 & 119, I would think it could be made much better overall.

Anyone know whether there is generally a difference in signal strengths between the AT-9's & slimlines?

1 - 20 of 95 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.