DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
AllStar
224 Posts
You've got Gbit Internet. Drop the satellite boxes and use a Roku, AppleTV, etc. to get programming via Sling, YouTubeTV or one of the umpteen other services that deliver it right over the Internet. Use www.suppose.tv to determine which is best for you.
suppose tv never comes up with a viable alternative as I like a few of the sports channels and alternate regional channels not available elsewhere. I don't think one can get MLB or NFL game time either, but I haven't checked recently. My spouse would get along with just Netflix, so your mileage will vary.

·
AllStar
224 Posts
Sat TV is on the way out Better to find options now
I've been hearing this from the uneducated for 10-15 years now. Eventually it may become reality. In the mean time what do you suggest? I don't see another content provider that offers some of the channels I want. PSVue came close but they are now defunct.

For basic cable channels, DTV hasn't made sense for awhile except for those that don't have cable or a viable internet connection or are mobil. What do you suggest for those, just dump them?

Is this one of those city girl things trying to naively apply the same rationale to country girls? When I'm out at the camp with dial up its a completely different situation than home with its high speed fibre and AppleTV that now has several provider apps integrated into a common guide. No DVR, however. But then I don't watch much TV at the camp besides sports.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts