DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Hall Of Fame
2,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is that a bug? Of a "feature"? With Tivo, as long as you were in the last few minutes, you'd get the delete or keep promt, but on the HR20, you have to get to the very end before it comes up.

(Yeah, I'm a "legend" :) )

·
AllStar
74 Posts
My DirecTV Tivo unit did it at the end. A bug is classified as something that is broken such as BSOD. Having the prompt at the end is part of the interface.

·
Registered
4,880 Posts
It's been that way ever since I got my box at the beginning of September. It seems that it is by design. Anyway, I prefer this. I don't want a message popping up while I'm watching a show, even if it is just a couple minutes from the end.

·
Legend
146 Posts
I think the OP is talking about the ability to delete a show when you've finished watching and it's within the last couple of minutes. I noticed this with Jeopardy and I have to slip to the end to delete or go back to MyVOD and delete it there.

Of course, there's ther old "double dash" to delete in MyVOD, but I can't get my Harmony 880 to recognize it!

·
Icon
731 Posts
The BEST way.... hit 'info' then select (to get 'more info') and down to delete... not great.. but WAY FASTER then trying to get to the end.

·
Registered
4,880 Posts
Guindalf said:
Of course, there's ther old "double dash" to delete in MyVOD, but I can't get my Harmony 880 to recognize it!
Works fine with my 880. I set the "+" key on the bottom left of the remote as the HR20 dash command.

·
Icon
731 Posts
The double dash doesn't work WHILE playing the show does it? That's what he's asking.

·
Registered
4,880 Posts
Slyster said:
The double dash doesn't work WHILE playing the show does it? That's what he's asking.
No, it doesn't work while the recording is playing. It would be nice if it did.

The way he worded it, to me at least it seemed as if he wasn't able to get it to work in the MyVOD list with the 880.

·
Hall Of Fame
2,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah, it doesn't pop up while it's playing. When you are watching a show with Tivo and you hit list or live tv when it's within 5 minutes or so, you get the prompt to keep or delete. With the HR20, you have to FF all the way to the very end of the recording. Much more annoying. Yes the double dash is easy when you are in MyVOD, but since it goes to the top of the list and not the one you were just watching, that doesn't help much.

·
Icon
797 Posts
It's not a big deal or anything, but I surely would prefer getting the keep/delete screen when I hit Stop, or at least return me to MyVod in the same spot so I can easily double dash and be done.

Xaa

·
DBSTalk Club Member
66 Posts
I like the Mark & Delete feature. I end up leaving everything in MyVOD then every once in a while I clean it up with Mark & Delete. It is real quick to go through since the check list is all expanded and it automatically goes to the next entry when you mark it. Seems to be the easiest to delete items without going to the end, through the menu or hitting -- on the wrong entry.

·
Registered
5,957 Posts
Slyster said:
The BEST way.... hit 'info' then select (to get 'more info') and down to delete... not great.. but WAY FASTER then trying to get to the end.
I use that or double dash, both work fine. It really is no big deal to me, both are fast enough for my needs.

·
Cool Member
17 Posts
mtnagel said:
Is that a bug? Of a "feature"? With Tivo, as long as you were in the last few minutes, you'd get the delete or keep promt, but on the HR20, you have to get to the very end before it comes up.

(Yeah, I'm a "legend" :) )
I know what you mean. Us Tivo converts struggle with changes...:grin:

·
Icon
797 Posts
Xaa said:
... or at least return me to MyVod in the same spot so I can easily double dash and be done.

Xaa
Got the new software this morning and now it does just this, so I'm happy.

Tivo= Left>>Up>>Select

HR20=Stop>>dash>>dash

·
Hall Of Fame
2,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
indy300 said:
I know what you mean. Us Tivo converts struggle with changes...:grin:
Yeah, I guess some people just aren't getting it. Most shows end around 2-3 minutes before the end of the recording. With Tivo, you just hit list or live tv and you get the prompt. Now I have to FF and wait till it gets to the end. I really would have thought that would have been in the HR20.

Although, with the new update, if you hit the stop button, it brings you back to your list on the show you were watching, so you could do the double dash there. Still, that's 3 clicks instead of 2. What a waste of click :D

Yes I'm being silly. Bravo to the update!

·
Hall Of Fame
2,019 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Xaa said:
Got the new software this morning and now it does just this, so I'm happy.

Tivo= Left>>Up>>Select

HR20=Stop>>dash>>dash
Ah, I stand corrected. You are right. You do have to move the selection up to delete it. So it's 3 clicks for each. Now I just have to get used to it (and more importantly, get my wife used to it).

·
AllStar
50 Posts
UltimateTV had/has a good way of doing it:

Whenever you hit Stop (not Pause), it takes you to a screen that has 3 options:
Resume Play
Start Over
Erase

There's no reason to take us back to VOD - that's always just a single click away.

·
AllStar
50 Posts
OK, so I don't know if my memory is bad, or if things got better with the latest firmware, but now when I hit "STOP" I see info on the show and a meny at the left that has some options, including "Delete."

Great!

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.