DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Hall Of Fame
3,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
That launched this morning. Similar to the HBO Go content that has all of the past series like Sopranos, etc available on your PC, tablet, or phone, now you an get those past episodes through your set top box via On Demand for both HBO and Cinemax.

Sex and the City is the one minor outlier because that show has some syndication rights on television that do not allow for all of the past episodes, though many are there.

Enjoy

·
I used to be a rocket scientist
12,182 Posts
This is GREAT news. HBO GO is an amazing product and I've been waiting for about a year and a half, it seems like, for that kind of full-content access on the big screen to make it to Directv and viewable on the big screen. :up:

·
Registered
14,718 Posts
raott said:
Great news. Is it the exact content of HBO GO, other than the Sex In the City Issue?
After a quick look, it appears to be EVERY episode of their shows in HD (minus the SITC he mentioned).

WOW...This is very worth it.

·
I used to be a rocket scientist
12,182 Posts
sigma1914 said:
I can finally watch Deadwood & 6 Feet Under. Awesome news.
I watched Deadwood for the first time about a year and a half ago when I began testing HBO GO, along with the entire run of The Sopranos. I think it's time to re-watch Deadwood. :)

·
Hall Of Fame
3,588 Posts
That is good news. Is everything available in HD? Obviously I mean only the shows that originally aired in HD, I'm sure stuff like The Wire won't be in HD since they weren't in HD to begin with. Has the On Demand movie selection improved too?

Edit/

Looks like Sigma answered while I was posting. Great news, I knew this was supposedly in the works, but it's great to see it finally go live. Hopefully other channels soon start getting more content too.

·
Registered
14,718 Posts
Hoosier205 said:
This is why I said the Roku "issue" would be soon be a non-issue. We knew this was coming.
I'd been using Roku and HBOGO via my UVerse sub for the free 3 month offer. By total coincidence, my free 3 months ended today so I canceled...I enjoyed using the Roku. This news makes me happy as hell about the timing.

·
Hall Of Fame
12,971 Posts
Very good. Now a way to make navigation easier.....(my only real complaint about the On Demand stuff).

·
Hall Of Fame
3,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
"raott" said:
Great news. Is it the exact content of HBO GO, other than the Sex In the City Issue?
Almost. I believe Bill Maher are current season only, but those two are the only exceptions I am aware of.

·
Hall Of Fame
6,099 Posts
Carnivale is missing also, but after checking on HBOGO I found that it isn't there either.

It was a very dark and quirky series that I would have liked to revisit.

Other than that, this is great news.

1 - 20 of 84 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.