DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. I just signed up with DirecTV for HD and DVR. SInce the HR20 box is not available, Directv is providing me with 2 boxes (1 HD and 1 DVR). Does anyone else have this combo? How does it work, will I need to switch between input sources or are the 2 boxes tied together in some way? If not, how do you all use these? I'm assuming the DVR box is just there to record, otherwise not used to normally view but I don't really know. Getting the system installed on Tuesday. Thanks

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
I had it for a while...

You would need to use two seperate inputs on your TV.
Youc an't tie them together

·
Hall Of Fame
3,985 Posts
The DVR will allow you to record, but only in Standard Definition - not HD. The H20 will allow you to view HD (and SD), but not record. Pretty much a patch until the HR20 HD DVR is available again. Earl's answer is spot on.

·
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys. Directv has said to expect the HR20 by the end of the year. Depending on how cumbersome having 2 boxes proves to be, I might just keep them until the kinks get a little more ironed on the new box. Still no HD locals here, so I won't be losing to much I don't think.

·
Éminence grise
8,473 Posts
I kept my HDVR2 when I added the H20 (this was before the HR20 came out). I'll eventually upgrade, but plan to wait until OTA is active). I didn't want to run a third cable so only run one into the DVR. It works fine that way, but of course the recordings are all SD. It was a bit cumbersome at first, but getting a Harmony 880 remote fixed that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.