DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Cool Member
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All. First post. I've been reconing here for months and finally decide to chirp in. On 3 Aug 08, had new HR21-100 activated and I mention to tech about receiving LA HD feed. (Get local SD feed). He made the call to DTV, got the LA-ABC feed instantly and a network waiver request for the other. Yesterday recieved a plain postcard size response from DTV labeled "Broadcast Network Waiver Results" It was a no-go for the other (NBC, CBS, Fox). I was surpised since the HD LA-ABC was granted and not the others. My DMA is 124 and I don't except local HD anytime soon. Should I request for a free AM21 since the CSR never mention the need or suck it up and fork out the money?

Thanks for any advice. This site and you guys are Army Superior Unit Award Worthy.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,652 Posts
Twill812 said:
Hello All. First post. I've been reconing here for months and finally decide to chirp in. On 3 Aug 08, had new HR21-100 activated and I mention to tech about receiving LA HD feed. (Get local SD feed). He made the call to DTV, got the LA-ABC feed instantly and a network waiver request for the other. Yesterday recieved a plain postcard size response from DTV labeled "Broadcast Network Waiver Results" It was a no-go for the other (NBC, CBS, Fox). I was surpised since the HD LA-ABC was granted and not the others. My DMA is 124 and I don't except local HD anytime soon. Should I request for a free AM21 since the CSR never mention the need or suck it up and fork out the money?

Thanks for any advice. This site and you guys are Army Superior Unit Award Worthy.
You don't have a digital OTA signal from ABC hence the eligibility. The other channels give you a decent OTA signal.
You can call and ask the CSR for a deal on the AM21, you don't have anything to lose! Otherwise just fork out the $50.

·
Godfather
318 Posts
JDubbs413 said:
Aren't networks getting rid of OTA in Feb? It would be pretty pointless in that case to buy an antenna.
I'm sure that is a fantasy of the CEOs of the Satellite/Cable companies! :lol: :D :lol:

·
Godfather
318 Posts
generalpatton78 said:
Man I was starting to think the word was getting out and people knew about what was going to happend in Feb 09. Now I'm starting to think this is going to be bigger then Y2k:lol: .
Haha! :lol:

·
Hall Of Fame
4,266 Posts
Well, all we’d need is for two people not to be able to watch TV and it would be bigger than Y2K! Seriously, I only know of two people that use OTA and both of them are doing it on HDTV’s with ATSC tuners. My wife has a small NTSC-only handheld TV that she sometimes uses in the bathroom while in the tub or getting ready for work in the mornings. I guess I’m going to have to install a TV and D* receiver in there for her by February!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.