DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

· Icon
2,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It is my understanding that for some HD Regional sports nets (and I'm referring to those in the nYC demo, where i reside) channels 96 and 97 are used. Last night the Nets were suppsedly on YES HD, so I assumed that would be on one of those channels. But when I try to tune to them I get "Channel Not Available" and it's not in my Channels You Recieve list on my HR20. Should I be able to receive those?

· Hall Of Fame
2,535 Posts
Steveknj said:
It is my understanding that for some HD Regional sports nets (and I'm referring to those in the nYC demo, where i reside) channels 96 and 97 are used. Last night the Nets were suppsedly on YES HD, so I assumed that would be on one of those channels. But when I try to tune to them I get "Channel Not Available" and it's not in my Channels You Recieve list on my HR20. Should I be able to receive those?
When the RSN is broadcasting on 96 or 97, they're only available to a VERY limited number of people. The RSNs were rolled out with MPEG4 Locals, and at this point have only been rolled out to 1 DMA each (ie FSN Bay Area is only available to San Francisco. Sacrament, also in the FSNBA home terriroty has MPEG4 locals but does NOT have FSN in HD).

If the RSN is broadcasting on 95, it's available to anyone in the home terriroty of the RSN.

· AllStar
57 Posts
Steve,

I live in Hillsborough and I had the Nets on Ch. 96.

Steve

Steveknj said:

· Registered
2,060 Posts
I got the Nets game in HD on 96 last night too.

· Icon
2,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sharkie_Fan said:
When the RSN is broadcasting on 96 or 97, they're only available to a VERY limited number of people. The RSNs were rolled out with MPEG4 Locals, and at this point have only been rolled out to 1 DMA each (ie FSN Bay Area is only available to San Francisco. Sacrament, also in the FSNBA home terriroty has MPEG4 locals but does NOT have FSN in HD).

If the RSN is broadcasting on 95, it's available to anyone in the home terriroty of the RSN.
I understand that and I get Ch. 95 just fine (when it's not blacked out. I got all the NFL Network games, a couple of Vs Hockey games and one NBATV game), but not Ch 96-97. This will become a huge deal once baseball starts if YES in HD is broadcast over one of those channels.

· AllStar
57 Posts
gotten anything on 97 yet(2 weeks w/HD) but 95 is the HD NFL network and 96 is the regionals. The help(2 different calls) @ D* didnt even know 95 or 96 were channels you received. They both told me I only get as far as 88.

· Legend
109 Posts
Here in S. Florida we get 95 and 96 as stated NFL, and regional NHL and NBA. Checking with channel 220 perhaps will clarify what you might get on a given evening. Still seems a roll of the dice as if the games are part of a respective "package" you many not get them. For example last night the Heat were on my Sun #632 and 95, but after the pregame show I was blacked out of 95.

· AllStar
57 Posts
95 said that game wasnt avail. in my area....Which would be correct.

mikefeuer said:
Here in S. Florida we get 95 and 96 as stated NFL, and regional NHL and NBA. Checking with channel 220 perhaps will clarify what you might get on a given evening. Still seems a roll of the dice as if the games are part of a respective "package" you many not get them. For example last night the Heat were on my Sun #632 and 95, but after the pregame show I was blacked out of 95.

· Icon
2,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Steveknj said:
They just put up a new dish so I can use my HR20. I don't know the difference between 5-LNB dish or 20-LNB Dish. I will check the box when I get home.
The Dish I have says Slimeline on the box and has the code AV9-D by the barcode. Not much else on the box. Is that a 5-LNB dish?

· DBSTalk Club Member
193 Posts
Steve, do you get the NYC network locals or are you receiving your locals from some other DMA? If you are in another DMA other than NYC you will NOT get Yes or Sportsnet NY in HD on channels 96 and 97. I am from upstate NY, Albany DMA, and even though Sportsnet NY and Yes are 2 of my regional sports networks I can only get them in SD unless D* decides to show an HD game on channel 95.

· Icon
2,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I am in central NJ, and am in the NYC DMA. I get SD NY channels 2, 4, 7,9, 11 etc, and the HD equivalents on some channels in the 80s. I have always gotten the NY City stations

· Registered
2,060 Posts
Steve, are you also receiving the NY HD locals on 2,4, 5 and 7? They appear in your guide as WCBS, WNBC,WNYW and WABC respectively, and are the MPEG4 versions of NY HD locals. If you don't get them in your guide, and 96 and 97 aren't showing up either, I'd guess there's a problem with your reception of the 99 amd 103 sats which carry the MPEG4 signals.

· Icon
2,283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
gpg said:
Steve, are you also receiving the NY HD locals on 2,4, 5 and 7? They appear in your guide as WCBS, WNBC,WNYW and WABC respectively, and are the MPEG4 versions of NY HD locals. If you don't get them in your guide, and 96 and 97 aren't showing up either, I'd guess there's a problem with your reception of the 99 amd 103 sats which carry the MPEG4 signals.
No, I'm getting them on NBCE, FOXE etc. On 2, 4, 5, 7 etc, it looks like it's SD versions of the channels.

How do I rectify?

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.