DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Banned
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently did the free upgrade of my old Samsung TS-160 receiver in my kids' playroom and received the new H23. When I set it up, I had some difficulty getting the new HD MPEG-4 channels so I called the service number and they suddenly started working. Since then I have had intermittent problems with receiving those channels often getting the 771 message. If I switched to another channel and then came back it would ofent tune in. In the last couple of days, I hthese channels and am getting the 771 message more often. The signal meter takes a while to get a signal on the 99(b) Satellite. I have two other HD boxes in the house that work perfectly. Any ideas? Do I likely have a defective H23?

:confused:

MLC

· Registered
2,570 Posts
mlc1971law said:
I recently did the free upgrade of my old Samsung TS-160 receiver in my kids' playroom and received the new H23. When I set it up, I had some difficulty getting the new HD MPEG-4 channels so I called the service number and they suddenly started working. Since then I have had intermittent problems with receiving those channels often getting the 771 message. If I switched to another channel and then came back it would ofent tune in. In the last couple of days, I hthese channels and am getting the 771 message more often. The signal meter takes a while to get a signal on the 99(b) Satellite. I have two other HD boxes in the house that work perfectly. Any ideas? Do I likely have a defective H23?

:confused:

MLC
I would check the software version. I have an H21 that was weird also. After a software update it works perfectly. I am sure you are on the National release. Why not go on over and check out the CE forum. You may find newer software there and be able to d/l during to alotted times. Sometimes the recieveers are so new they haven't had time to get all of the required software "pushed out".

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.