DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Legend
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the last 4 days, I have come home to a pixellated/frozen screen on a HD channel, but the sound is still running three times.

If I change the channel, SD still works, then change back to HD and I get a grey screen.

Same thing with recordings, SD is fine, HD will not play.

Menu reset clears the problem until is happens again.

Anybody else seeing this or is my box going bad? Maybe bad B-Band convertors?

All signal strengths are good and the box has been running error free for about 18 months.

·
Hall Of Fame
3,862 Posts
opelap said:
In the last 4 days, I have come home to a pixellated/frozen screen on a HD channel, but the sound is still running three times.

If I change the channel, SD still works, then change back to HD and I get a grey screen.

Same thing with recordings, SD is fine, HD will not play.

Menu reset clears the problem until is happens again.

Anybody else seeing this or is my box going bad? Maybe bad B-Band convertors?

All signal strengths are good and the box has been running error free for about 18 months.
I have seen something similar to this before. All the MPEG4 HD channels and recordings had just sound and a black screen. Multiple channel changes between MPEG4 channels eventually restored the viewability of the un-viewable HD channels and recordings. The only thing that was ever unviewable was MPEG4 HD. MPEG2 HD and SD channels and recordings weren't affected.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.