DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Lifetime Achiever
30,090 Posts
It is not available yet.

Microsoft/Intel/DirecTV are working on such a card.

But it won't be ready until Vista is formally released... and then some time after that.

We could probably learn more in January at CES

· AllStar
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks Earl for your quick reply! I've been on this forum just a short time and you're all over it with great advice!!

Another question, if you don't mind - I have the HR20 with the RC24 remote and a 42" Visio Gallevia LCD HDTV. I've used codes (Visio is not listed in the setup) to program the remote to run the TV's volume, channels and on/off but can't get it to run the TV's input function. Since I get my locals OTA it would be very handy to have this feature so I don't have to grab the TV's remote each time I go back and forth between D* and OTA. Thanks. Jack

· Cool Member
20 Posts
That really is great news.
Even though MS will have a hand in it, hopefully linux will be able to run on it.

Earl, I agree with jfolliard, you are all over these forums with great advice. Thank you!

· Lifetime Achiever
30,090 Posts
jfolliard said:
Another question, if you don't mind - I have the HR20 with the RC24 remote and a 42" Visio Gallevia LCD HDTV. I've used codes (Visio is not listed in the setup) to program the remote to run the TV's volume, channels and on/off but can't get it to run the TV's input function. Since I get my locals OTA it would be very handy to have this feature so I don't have to grab the TV's remote each time I go back and forth between D* and OTA. Thanks. Jack
IIRC, there is an additional code that you need to program to get the TV Inputs to function (if the remote can do it at all).

Send a PM to Edmund
He is our resident remote expert

· Lifetime Achiever
30,090 Posts
Lantian said:
will it need vista? or can it be used with xp?
95% sure it is going to require Vista.
As in Vista the "Media Center" features are getting a massive overhaul

But we won't know for certain until more details are released.

· AllStar
83 Posts
jfolliard said:
thanks Earl for your quick reply! I've been on this forum just a short time and you're all over it with great advice!!

cool this worked for me too

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.