DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Hall Of Famer
1,833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it me or does the HD DVR seems to respond faster with different brand hdtv's? because I previously used a LG plasma and takes forever to respond changing channels and now a Samsung plasma and responds better on Samsung especially playlist and menus, I have a HR22-100 connected directly to TV with HDMI on both sets and resolution outputs to only 1080i and 1080p with native off and also use EHD 2 TB 50% full.:confused:

· Premium Member
41,526 Posts
I'm guessing it might be a handshake difference.
I played once with a PC connected to a HDTV that had a DVI input. Sony said not to connect a PC, but I had to try it anyway.
It took "forever" for the desktop to move.

If you're wondering, you might try component connections on each and see if they're the same then.

· Hall Of Famer
1,833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Richierich said:
I would Bet Good Money that is is the Difference in Handshake Times varying among different Manufacturers.
Maybe they got better overtime since the LG plasma is from 2009 vs 2011 Samsung. :lol:

· Broadcast Engineer
4,146 Posts
P Smith said:
It's you, honey. :)

HDMI interface locked at standard speed by quartz oscillator. When handshake's time could be vary.
Just brilliant.

As usual.

A definitive answer with absolutely no wiggle room, followed by a "fact" that has no bearing whatsoever, followed by a statement that seems to completely invalidate the supposedly-definitive answer. You could not be more all over the place.

Thanks so much for that. Keep up the great work.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.